3: shikigami

Original Chapters: 3-5
3: shikigami

"... so tired but... why am I living here?"

Ayafuji Hayama stared at the ceiling of his new room. Unlike his childhood friend who lives in the dorm, Hayama ended up living in Gojo Satoru's penthouse. It took a while for things to sink in but Hayama remembered at last that Gojo-san seemed to have taken him under his custody.

After thinking about it, Hayama could only come up with one reason why Gojo-san took custody of him. "It must be because of my Binding Vow."

The youth sighed and sat up, scratching the back of his head in frustration. "Gojo-san said that they'll be picking up a classmate from Harajuku, so Gojo-san will be back around evening. I think... that classmate must have said to meet up there because she's going on a shopping spree first?"

Hayama sighed. Again. "I should unpack first; maybe go to the highschool when I'm done to wait for everyone and check up on Yuuji."

When they left Miyagi, Hayama didn't have a lot of things to bring. In the end, only one bag was used. Four sets of casual clothes, his underwear, three sets of pyjamas, and two sets of formal clothes were all stuffed into the bag. He didn't have much since Hayama disliked buying things when his current stuff could still be used.

Plus, Gojo-san said that he'd prepare anything else that Hayama would need once he moved in. At first, he thought that Gojo-san meant moving into the dorm, but it turned out to be Gojo-san's penthouse. And looking at how luxurious it was, the only thing Hayama could think of was how rich Gojo-san was.

When will I be that rich? Ayafuji Hayama sighed. Again.

So tired. A yawn escaped Hayama. "I should take a shower first before I head out."

...

"Ah, Haya-chan!" Itadori Yuuji beamed at the sight of his childhood friend sitting at the front porch of the dormitories, waiting for his arrival. Unlike them, Hayama wasn't wearing the school uniform but casual clothes. "How are you feeling?"

"Fine. Still a bit tired though. What about you, Yuuji?"

"Great! Gojo-sensei sent us on a test!"

Curiosity flashed through Hayama's eyes as he glanced at Gojo Satoru from the corner of his eyes, before his gaze returned to the excited Yuuji who couldn't wait to tell him about everything. It didn't even take five minutes for Yuuji to summarize everything. By the end of it, Hayama was deep in thought.

As expected, Yuuji is... pretty weird. It was already odd how Yuuji swallowed Sukuna's finger- okay, that sounded weird. Let me rephrase that.

It was already odd how Yuuji swallowed that cursed object, I wouldn't be surprised if Yuuji would turn out to be a capable jujutsu sorcerer.

"Haya-chan, Haya-chan," Hayama snapped out of his thoughts to look at his friend. "Are you hungry? What do you want for dinner?"

"Oh, about that," Gojo interjected into their conversation. "I'm taking Haya-chan out for dinner. I have some things to talk to him about, after all."

Displeasure flashed through Hayama's face while Yuuji appeared like a kicked puppy. Seeing these two kids, Gojo Satoru felt like he had done something sinful and illegal. However, he dismissed that feeling and clapped his hands. "Alright, chop chop, we're about to leave, Haya-chan!"

Itadori Yuuji pouted and embraced his childhood friend around the shoulders. "I'll cook for you next time!"

"Okay, thank you, Yuuji. Prepare a bottle of soya milk, too."