Chapter 1-The Accident That Hurts More Overtime

(Caution Mentions of Suicide and graphic description of death)

When I woke up all I could see was Connie’s uneasy face. “Dad, are you okay? I heard crying last night.” she asked as if it wasn't a question…….she knew the answer to that.
“I'm fine Connie, do you want breakfast or anything?”
“Dad, you can't do this to yourself. How about I make breakfast and you can go through old photos of them.” Connie said as she grabbed the pancake mix from the cupboards.
I didn't even argue with her. At this point there wasn't a point to. Even though all those photos are in their old room. It was hard to enter their room.
“Ahhh, fucking hell!” Connie shouted breaking the train of thoughts that were saying to kill yourself.
“Connie, are you alright?” I asked now right behind her. Connie's hand was red like it had been burned, no she had cut herself.
“Dad, he looks like Will.” Connie said, pointing with her good hand.
“Connie, I know but he isn't Will. I'm sorry.” I said moving to hug my daughter.
“He still looks like him. I don't think we can get over their loss, even the ones from the past.”
“Connie that was years ago but that still hurts. Even the past hurts the present.” This wasn't the first time we have brought up Kristen and Tommy after their passing.

---------------How they died--------------
Kristen was driving down from Duluth. On the way her and Tommy had to find a place to sleep. On the way to a hotel they were hit by a drunk semi driver. Causing their car to spin out of control hitting a random house. Tommy and Kristen were killed on impact, glass was sticking out of Tommy's head and entire body. Blood seeping out of every cut from the glass. Kristen wasn't even able to tell her son she's sorry……………………………………..
-----------------------------------------------
“Dad, are you okay? You seem out of it.” Connie asked, wrapping her hand.
“Yeah, I'm just thinking about Kristen, Tommy, Techno, and Will. I miss them.” I said, helping Connie wrap her hand. Connie’s phone started to ring, it was Drista. I pressed the answer button and speaker phone.
“Hey Connie, can you and your dad come get me? Dream and Punz are going at it again. If you know what I mean.” Drista said over the phone you could hear it.
“You’ll have to give us like ten minutes to get to your house, but yes we can pick you up. Get your stuff ready and maybe leave a note for when they are done doing things.”
“Thank you so much Phil, I was planning on leaving a note anyways,” Drista said.
“Alright we’ll let you pack your things, Goodbye Drista.” I hung up after hearing her say goodbye.
“Dad come on,” Connie said, finishing wrapping her hand.

So we left, heading to Drista’s house. Drista might have just grabbed her backpack and walked out the door waiting for Connie and me. So when we pulled into their driveway Drista was just sitting in this old oak tree in her front yard. “DRISTA!!!!!!” Connie yelled, waving her hand out the window. Drista hopped out of the tree and started walking to the car.
“Good morning Drista, where do you two want to go?” I questioned as Connie moved over so that Drista could sit next to her.
“Dad, can we go to the mall?” Connie asked, I thought for a moment before I nodded. About three minutes later we were at the mall.
“Okay, Connie, you already know my rules. Since Drista doesn’t I’ll say them. Do not leave the mall, do not talk to anyone we do not know, do not spend too much money, do not leave Connie’s side, and lastly have fun. I’ll be shopping for Christmas gifts. Connie, do you have your card?” I asked looking back at them.
“Yes, I have my card, dad. Drista, do you have money to buy what you want?”
“Yeah, I have about two hundred dollars from birthdays and Christmas.” Drista said, looking at Connie seeing her saddened face confused her.
“Oh, you poor person. Do you need money?” Connie asked.
“No, I don’t want you to waste your little money on me,” Drista said.
“Girl, I literally can spend as much as is needed. I can buy you what you want.”
“Yeah, she can basically buy a car if she wanted but she said she didn’t need it.” I added to what Connie was saying.
“Wait what!!! I thought you didn’t have money to spend?” Drista questioned.
“We have money but we don’t flaunt it like others do. We like our little house in the only wooded area in town.” Connie responded to the slight question her friend asked.
“How about we go inside and start to shop.”
“Yeah, Connie, can we go to Spencers?”  Drista asked.
“Yeah we can.”
“Alright, before you go off to the stores you want to go, we need to meet here at about 7PM or earlier.” I gestured for them to leave now.

When they left I made my way to Hot Topic. When I walked in I saw the jewelry section and made my way to it. I picked up some things that Connie would like, then something for all her friends. Aimsey got a set 8ball butterfly and star hair clips, Drista got a set of cute earrings(to match her gothic style), Sam got a dead duck necklace set(to match their cute style), Lucy got a eye hair stick set, and Sophie got a FNAF earring set.

Since I had found something for each of Connie’s friends I decided to look around the small store, finding some little things that looked like stocking stuffers, things like small eyeshadow pallets and pins.

Then I noticed how the only person working looked like he was going to pass out because of exhaustion. The poor guy was leaning against the counter getting yelled at by an older lady because her granddaughter hadn’t got a receipt.  So I decided to step in. “Excuse me but may I ask what the problem was?” I asked in the nicest tone I could muster.
“The problem is he didn’t give my granddaughter her receipt.”
“Grandma, I said I didn’t need the receipt.” the girl said, she looked about Connie’s age, her voice sounded familiar.
“Are you a student at Mayo high school?” I questioned, she simply nodded.
“Why did you want to know?” she asked.
“Oh, my daughter Connie goes there and I thought I’ve heard your voice before. Are you Piper?” I asked.
“Yes, I am. Connie is a very nice person, she got me to talk to someone other than Frannie or Kaitlin.”
The lady was in shock that she hadn’t asked for a receipt. Not even five seconds later they had left the store leaving me and the worker alone. I set the 20 items onto the counter and moved my hand to grab my wallet when the guy with the name tag ‘Missa’ spoke: “Thank you for stepping in there. Most people wouldn’t have stepped in or even acknowledge that was happening.” His voice was nice to listen to, even after what just happened he sounded so calm, like he had that happen on the daily.
“I just wanted to know why you are buying so much jewelry and things like that?” He asked, voice like music to my ears.
“Oh, these are for my daughter and her friends for Christmas.”
“That's cool, how old is your daughter?”  he asked.
“She’s 16 turning 17 in February. Do you have any kids?” I asked, I thought he didn't have any. I mean he looked like he was mid twenties.
“I have one child. His name is Chayanne, he’s 6.” He responded, scanning the last of the items.
“Your total is $175.50” He said as I grabbed my card.
I swiped the card and it went through making the items mine truly. As I left I said : “Thank you and Happy Holidays.”
I didn’t know what else to get Connie but I decided to go to Sephora. When I walked in almost the entire store started to look at me. I just shrugged it off and went over to the lipgloss and lipstick section of the store. Finding what Connie was talking about and some other lipsticks and glosses that she would wear. The main color was maroon and light pink. When I got done with paying for said items I walked out and saw Connie and Drista standing in the food court area like I said to do when they were done.
I had decided that I was done and walked up to them.
“Dad, hi. I heard from Piper that you ran into her at Hot topic.”
“Hello Connie and Drista. How was shopping?” I asked.
“Oh, it was okay we found some things, I mean I got six new books to read and Drista got some new shoes.” We decided to go back to our house with Drista because she wanted to stay overnight. Since they didn’t have school for the entire month of December, I thought it was fine, Dream and Punz didn’t really care as long as she told them in either a note, text or in person. They were really chill I mean as long as she was safe and with someone they met they were fine with it, Dream being her older brother was where that came from, Punz was Dream’s partner. Dream and Drisra’s parents had left them one night and they never came back.

-----------------------------------------------
Words: 1610!

Thank you for reading this chapter
I really appreciate the support and I got this chapter done before December 7th.That day just so happens to be my friend's birthday. 🎊 I did include her in this story in the story.

Find which character is her. I also included myself in this story. I want you to try to figure out which character is me. I also added a different one of my friends into here. And her as well if you can.

No, I don't care that the name of the high school is an actual high school in Rochester MN.