1| The Midnight Encounter.

Chapter One: Midnight Encounter

The moon hung high in the sky, casting a gentle glow upon the deserted street. Shubman Gill strolled, lost in his thoughts, the echoes of the day's match still reverberating in his mind. A solitary figure caught his eye, swaying to an unheard melody in the midnight silence.

Dressed in Levi's vintage denim shorts and an oversized knitted sweater that enveloped her figure, the girl spun and twirled, her movements graceful and carefree.

Shubman paused, captivated by the beauty of her unguarded dance. He drew closer, curious yet hesitant to disturb her moment of uninhibited freedom.

He observed her free-spirited dance, an enigmatic smile tugging at his lips. He approached cautiously, not wanting to startle her yet intrigued by her unconventional midnight celebration

"Hey!" Shubman called out softly, approaching her cautiously. His voice gentle, hoping not to break the spell of her graceful movements.

She halted mid-spin, startled by the sudden interruption. Her gaze met his, a flicker of surprise and mild confusion in her eyes.

She paused, turning to face him with an inquisitive yet friendly expression. "Oh, hi!" she responded cheerfully, her laughter echoing softly in the night air.

"Beautiful night for a dance," Shubman remarked, admiring the easy elegance with which she moved.

Sriya grinned, a playful glint in her eyes. "Isn't it? Sometimes, the moonlight calls for a little celebration of its own," she teased, twirling once more before coming to a graceful stop.

"You alright?" Shubman asked, noticing the slight unsteadiness in her steps.

She chuckled lightly, her voice carrying the weight of an evening laced with laughter and maybe a bit more.

"Just enjoying the night," She replied with a playful glint in her eyes, her words accompanied by a mischievous smile.

"Cross my heart and hope to dance under the moonlight forever," she quipped, her eyes sparkling with amusement.

"Shubman Gill." He started, introducing himself.

"I know." She chuckled saying so.

"Huh?" He replied almost forgetting that he was a famous cricketer and people know him.

"Sriya Shetty." She smiled and replied

"I've watched you play, you know," Sriya confessed, a hint of awe lacing her words.

"You're something else out there on the field." Sriya, fueled by the revelry of the night and perhaps a hint of intoxication, spoke candidly, her words revealing her admiration for Shubman's cricketing skills.

Shubman chuckled, humbled yet intrigued by her genuine appreciation.

"Really? I find that hard to believe," he replied, a faint blush touching his cheeks.

"Yes. I mean you are really great you know." She said smiling wide.

"You know what I totally don't believe you standing in front of me." Fangirling slipped in her tone.

"You should believe it then. It's not like if you blink I will disappear." He joked.

She laughed at his comment and seeing her laugh, a smile crept on his lips too.

Her laughter was a harmonious symphony against the quiet backdrop of the night. Her eyes sparkled with mirth, her carefree demeanor captivating Shubman.

"You're a fun person to be around," Shubman admitted, a genuine smile gracing his face.

Sriya's laughter softened, her gaze meeting Shubman's. "Well, you haven't heard the best part yet." she teased, a mischievous glint dancing in her eyes.

"Oh? What might that be?" Shubman played along, intrigued by the sudden change in her tone.

Sriya leaned in closer, her voice barely a whisper, as though divulging a clandestine secret. "I'm KL Rahul's sister." she revealed, her words hanging in the air with a playful yet conspiratorial tone.

Shubman's eyebrows shot up in surprise, his initial skepticism evident. "Really?" he responded, a hint of disbelief coloring his voice.

Sriya nodded, her laughter ringing melodiously. "Guilty as charged. But let's keep that our little secret, shall we?" she winked, a playful smirk gracing her lips.

Shubman did not believe her though. Offcourse he had not herd KL speak about this sister of him.

"Umm it's not kind enough to ask but can I please have a favour." She started after a short silence.

"No it's alright." He said.

"Can you drop me home please?" She asked.

Well she seemed smart enough to him to ask a stranger for a lift at home. But if he believed her story than according to her he was her brother's teammate so it might be okay for her to ask a lift.

Moreover he did not want to leave her alone as it was to late. Plus her condition did not favour her to go home alone. He could atleast help a beautiful lady, for watching her dance without permission, he thought.

 He could atleast help a beautiful lady, for watching her dance without permission, he thought

Hey Guys,
Here's the first Chapter of the story?

How was it? Please comment your views.

I know this is some pure shit writting but can't help. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Any guesses for the next one?

See you soon!

~yours author, Sonakshi.