Act 6: Answers.

"They bowed, but he was devastated."

Kai ran through the woods, his crystal accompanying him as it floated on his side. His footsteps were light but quick, tapping the wet ground. The leaves would rustle from his sprint. Kai got out of the forest at a quick pace, trying to catch up to Moon and Alex as fast as possible. The energy surging through him gave Kai the determination to reach the town.

M: "..How do we give Sir Damien the news... Alex?"

Moonlight spoke in a somber, worried tone. She didn't know how to approach Damien, Kai's father about his disappearance. She crossed her arms in an attempt to relax herself. She looked at Alex for answers.

A: "....Look, Moon- You're the respectful sounding one, I'm just a brat..-"
Alex admitted her attitude wasn't the best, and that Moon should talk to Damien. Moon looked at her in a doubtful stare, she felt unready. And uneased

M: "But I'm unsure, I don't feel ready... It's just so sudden I-"
Alex placed her palm on Moonlight's mouth, silencing her. Moonlight gave her a tired yet disappointed stare. She lets out a rash sigh, and lets Alex speak.

A: "Shush, Just have a breakdown in front of him and it'll be enough to get the message."

Moonlight recoiled and wiped her mouth, glaring at Alex after her comment. Her wings ruffled as her feathers puffed.

M: "....So rude for WHAT?!"

Alex gave a cheeky grin, and pulled Moonlight back onto the path as they walked. Moonlight stood silent, Annoyed but never angered.

A: "Shut up and get going, Moonie."

Moon let out a groan, though she obliged. She wanted to take her time confronting Damien, but Alex was in a hurry. Step by Step, they moved forward, the townspeople greeting them as they moved. Moon was getting more anxious, her breaths getting heavier. Alex looked up to her and stopped, giving a stare before muttering;

A: "I'm nervous too, Moon. But we have to, it's our responsibility..."

Alex confessed her feelings of being anxious, Moonlight let out a sigh, and nodded. They marched their way to the castle, the guards letting their spears up as they entered Nightfall, Town of Wolves. Alex stood behind as she was not allowed. Moon gestured to the guards, And they let her into the gates. She walked towards Moon as they headed back on the path. The smell of lavender would enter their noses, it calmed them down a bit.

M: "...The town is happy, but... Ugh! I hear the drums of my execution playing in my head."

Alex stared in utter confusion, "What Drums?" She thought. She'd look around to see nothing but the Townspeople going on with their day. Moonlight on the other hand stared at the ground as they walked.

A: "..What drums, Moon? There's nothing to see here-"

Alex was concerned, she asked Moon in a confused tone.

M: "It's a metaphor, the disappearance of a prince isn't a small thing to deal with, especially a lone father whose Wife had died. It's not your basic funeral, but a potential war.."

Moonlight spoke in distress, quick paced and untamed. Her gesture was slight, but her words were not. Moonlight looked at Alex, as Alex stared back in concern and confusion. Moonlight felt hopeless, and Alex saw through her.

A: "...Yikes, that's.. Mm..."

Alex felt sympathy for Moonlight, as she was older and had the responsibility of telling Damien. She leaned in and side hugged her, patting her on the shoulder. Moonlight gently pushed her away, letting out a weary sigh.