Prologue

Mausa was running down the forest path, hoping they would not see her. She fell down and heard them turn back around and begin to leave. ''I think I made it.'' She looked up at a broken wooden cottage.

Their was no one to bother Logan he liked the peace and quiet. They never had anyone to teach him from right to wrong, he never really minded that because Logan learned along the way. Logan was playing in the fire pit in the cottage where he was staying in.

Mausa walked around the cottage and tried to look inside. She was surprised to see someone inside,''Hello!'' she said before attempting to run again realizing it could be another person from the lab looking for her.

Logan looked towards the window to see another person so they did what another sane person would do hide. Logan was scared of people. They wanted to get as far away as possible so he left the cottage and started running towards a cave hoping no one would look for him there. When he got there he saw someone crawl in so he decided to turn back. He hated people but but for an unknown reason.

Mausa began to run again until she stopped and fell onto the floor, completely out of breath, she looked around and saw a small area next to the cave and crawled in and hid . For her size, it was easy for her to hide. Before she had escaped she had wings sewn onto her back. Their wings were not large enough to fly but large enough to be a bother in her everyday life. for as long as she could remember she had lived in that lab.

Logan has been having pains in his body which he thought wasn't normal for a child. He didn't know how to explain it. It was raining aswell and Logan normally had shelter to hide from the rain, since he ran from the cottage he hasn't been able to go back since it was dark with tall trees hiding any light from view.

It began to rain and Mausa huddled up against the rock in the cold , she was regretting leaving the lab but she knew she was also free and that gave her hope as she went to sleep.

Mausa woke up a couple hours later and after a bit, she made a choice, she would go to the cottage for the rest of the night and go and search for a home in the morning.

Logan woke up 3 hours later after passing out and he was soaking wet, his clothes that he found in the cottage was drenched, he hated drenched clothes. he started to look for the trail he made to the cottage since there was a little bit of light to see the trail they made. Once he found the light again he heard a thud from the inside.

Mausa began walking to the cottage and climbed in through the window falling on the floor with a loud thud. She went onto the couch and fell asleep, her wings were semi bruised from the fall but she fell asleep soundly.

He took a key from under a pot in front of the cottage and unlocked the door. Logan saw a girl on the couch but ignored her and went upstairs since she looked like she was sleeping. One thing he learned from living in the forest is to never wake something or someone up because he woke up a bear once. That didn't end well for Logan he got a giant scar on his back.

Mausa turned in her asleep then she heard the door open and flinched in fear. Mausa heard them walk past her and she was surprised . whenever somebody opened the lab door mostly it was to tell her another thing that would be done to her wings, stabbed , poked or prodded her wings were constantly sore

He opened a room door to reveal a bed that wasn't broken down but was breaking. he walked up to the dresser. He took out a pair of overalls and a white button up shirt, he changed and went back down stairs.

A few hours later Mausa woke up and tried leaving to find the window closed and the door was locked. the fireplace had been turned on and it was a little cleaner but Mausa did not feel safe.

"Looks like some ones awake" Logan came out of the kitchen with two bowls of soup. He placed down a bowl for the girl, "you should eat" He told the girl he then placed down a dress with a bow right by the girls side. "Its not good for you to wear those wet clothes" Logan sat down on the couch.

Mausa moved away a little scared . She was wondering if she was being tricked, ''Who are you-?'' she said.