Chapter 1

// 10 years later//

Mausa sat at her little counter in her medic and witching shop, in the years that had passed she had seen many things she had not wished to see. ding ding! the bell entering the shop ringed and she saw a man with koi fins streaming down his back enter. he looked worried and came up to the counter. ''hello sir how may i help you-'' mausa was cut off by the man who stepped aside to reveal a young girl, with cow ears and a bright green eye on her forehead.

''i cannot care for her any longer, please take her'' said the man. mausa was confused but accepted . Bluey snapped his fingers, he was hanging from a wooden bar thingy on the ceiling. A blue apron fell in front of his face, he tied it before saying hello. "Helloo why have you brought this child here today does she need anything?" The koi man explained ,''i may have taken her from the lab and she needs somewhere to stay so she would not get taken back, please help'' said the koi man. mausa rolled her eyes in disbelief, the girl with the cow ear had a blank stare, almost lifeless besides her ears twitching "Whoa whoa whoa. You took her from a lab? Damn, you must be pretty brave to break in like that. My assumption at least."

the man shook his head'' no , its that in these labs unlike when i was younger when they are near death they just leave them in the woods and wait for them too...well yeah'' said the man shuffling his feet "Near death?! Holy shit what happened?!"

the man looked up at the crystals in the shop,''well they sew a eye into her forehead'' said the man lifting up the girls bangs , there was a siren noise, siganling the lab people where nearbye.'' i have to go'' said the man, leaving the child standing there,

the child was looking around,it was wearing a long sweater and shorts, but it did not have shoes. ''...'' the child also seemed visibly anxious. Mausa approached the child and it ran away from her and hid under a desk, Mausa looked over at bluey ,''help me please'' she said

"Holy hell- um.." Bluey jumped down from the wooden bar on the ceiling and grabbed a blanket. He walked over to the child and offered her the blanket. "It'll protect you, promise."

The child stayed hidden for a couple moments before coming out from under the desk. ''...'' the child took the blanket and sat down on the floor

"Hey hey, no time for that now, we've got to go.." Bluey tried ushering her to the back of the shop."

The child looked around worriedly and followed him to the back of the shop "Right, you stay here for a moment.." Bluey rushed back to the front of the shop, trying to lock the door and make sure the lab people wouldn't get in. Mausa turned off the lights in the shop and told the child to stay hidden and silent. the lab ppl knocked on the door , waited a few minutes then they left Bluey flipped the sign from open to closed for good measure, then slumped against a wall in relief. "I tell you it's moments like this that scare the living daylights out of me-" Mausa nodded , the child looked terrified of what had just happened, ''lab people...scary..they hurt people'' said the child "Honey you haven't endured.. um hold on lemme count.. around 13 years of that. Torture I tell you! HOWEVER! Lab people? gone. Now there is only people to share your experience with. Even though that's a bad idea to some.."The child stayed silent listening to them, she shook her head ,'' they say..if i speak...they will steal my voice'' she said.

Mausa looked at the child with pity,''they wont, i spoke and they sew wings onto me'' said mausa "I spoke and they ran- No actually the slightest hint of annoyance and they backed up, no clue what kinda danger category i was in-" the child looked up at them ''you were in the labs too? you look so normal'' "I've got a pair of horns- my skin is grey- there's a lil monster on my back-I'd say different-" ''my name is oliver whats yours?'' "Twen-"