Chapter 9

I slept as good as I could've hoped Tuesday night. I woke up around the usual time I always do, with the same dream every time.

Today is Thursday and I'm currently sitting at our lunch table scrolling through Ticker. One of Madison's posts popped up on my fyp. I was about to scroll when I saw a familiar brown haired boy that can't seem to leave me alone.

She's lip syncing to a music video while Grayson is in the background. It doesn't look like he knows he's being filmed while talking to Vinnie and Noah in the parking lot. The video ends when he turns around and looks at the camera.

I visibly cringe at Madison's caption. "When your only friends are these guys." She got a lot of views and the comments consisted of "You're so lucky!" or "Is that Grayson Dolan with Vinnie and Noah?!" And the basic pining comments.

One thing I was surprised of though, were the shipping comments. I don't personally see her dating any guy, period. Especially at our school but hey, she's already slept with most of them anyway so maybe i'm just being a prude.

Nora texted me earlier today saying she was going to lunch with Madison and to not wait up for her. Kristina and Ethan didn't come to school today, so I've been a lone ranger all day.

I don't really mind honestly, I'm used to it and almost prefer it that way. I would always sit in the bathroom during lunch, the only place I could get away from Daniel.

At home, I was always locked up in my room waiting for Joe to remember about me and give me their leftover food. The only times I got to eat or really drink anything was at school.

Anywhere else I was invisible, a speck floating in air only being noticed when getting too close. I liked being invisible to them though, once they remember i'm there is when I wished I wasn't anywhere at all.

The table wobbles as someone sits down. Grayson sits down next to me, his knee touching mine. "Can I help you?" I ask looking at him. I move my legs so his aren't touching me. "Pretend you're talking to me." He says looking behind him. 

"Uhm, I am talking to you." I say annoyed. Why is he here, bothering me? "Okay now pretend we are having a good time." He says looking back to me. "I was having a good time before you came over here. Why are you acting weird?" I ask. He's all fidgety and out of breathe. 

He looks behind him again, looking for someone. "Sorry, Layla has been up my- here she comes!" He says looking back at me. He grabs my hand and put's it up to his mouth. I look at him mortified as he kisses my knuckles.

I try to pull my hand away but he tightens his grip. "The fuck are you doing?!" I whisper. "Of course we are going to go to your favorite spot, what kind of gentleman would I be if we didn't?" He asks smirking at me.

"What? Let go!" He has a strong grip. "You want to do that? Tonight? Are you sure we aren't moving things too fast?" He asks looking over his shoulder. Layla is walking towards us, a scowl on her face as she looks at my hand in his. 

"Sorry." He whispers before launching himself at me. He wraps his arm around my waist, his other holding my head to his shoulder. I tense up, my eyes bulging out of my head. What the hell just happened?!

"Hug me back! Please!" He begs. I sigh as I wrap my arms around his neck. "You owe me big time and an explanation." I whisper in his ear. I watch as Layla continues to walk towards us, horns poking out of her head. 

"Hey Gray, I was looking everywhere for you. who is this?" She asks her voice sweet. It's scary how calm she sounds when she looks like she's about to cut his head off. He ignores her, still hugging me. I he burrows his head in my neck, I can feel him inhale as he starts sniffing me.