Chapter 27

The next day, Christine is in her bedroom, reflecting on what she and Erik talked about last night in the garden. Thinking about how much they wanted to be with each other, desired each other, everything.

A servant walks into the room and says, "Miss Daae." However, he notices that he didn't get her attention. So he walks closer to her and says "Miss Daae?"

"Yes?" Christine quickly responds as she turns her head to answer.

"Your maid has brought your wedding gown for your fitting," he replied.

"Send her in please."

The servant nods then leave the room. As he goes, Christine stands up and fixes her dress. Once she does, the maid enters slowly. Christine gazes at the maid with curiosity, for she looks slightly familiar. Except for she has blonde hair and blue eyes. (Her name is Eliza.) "Morning Miss Daae," said Eliza.

"Please you can call me Christine," she replied as she waves her hands; gesturing to her about titles.

Eliza smiles and says, "I've brought your wedding dress from the tailors." Christine walks towards her, grabs the dress and walks to the back to put on the dress.

A few minutes later, she comes back out and walks to the mirror to look at how it looks on her. "Oh, Miss Daae you look beautiful! Monsieur De Change is going to love it!" Eliza expresses with excitement. However, as Christine looks at herself in the mirror, she not only is amazed at how beautiful it looks on her. She gazes at the dress and has if she doesn't call off the wedding soon and keep stalling, she will end up marrying him and never be with Erik. She will be a rich, unhappy, wife who will be used and lied to over and over again. As Christine looks in the mirror, Eliza notices that something is wrong and that maybe Christine is having second thoughts. "Is everything alright, Miss?"

Christine turns around quickly and replies, "Yes. You may go after you help me take this off."

"Yes Miss," replied Eliza. Christine turns back around so she can get out of the dress.

Later on, that afternoon after the maid leaves with the dress, Christine goes to her desk and writes a letter.

"Dear Uncle and Charlotte,

I have thought about what you've both said, and you're both right. Last night, I feel like I had completely forgotten about him. I took your advice Charlotte, and you were right. I loved Raoul once, but now the love he and I had together is gone. I now know where my heart belongs. Uncle, have your answer to your question. Yes, I am in love with Erik, I have always been in love with him ever since I can remember and he's been there for me when no one else would, especially Raoul. When Erik and I went to the wedding, and he confessed that he still loves me, I knew that in my feelings for him never left. Now since I don't love Raoul anymore, what should I do? How should I tell Raoul that I can't be with him? I don't know what to do.

Hope you are all well and thank you both for your support and comfort.

Love your niece,

Christine

A few minutes later, Christine walks outside the mansion with several letters in her hand and notices a boy with dirt on his clothes and shoes, red hair, named Daniel is walking by. "Dear Child, what is your name?" She asks.

"Daniel," he replied.

"I need you to take this letter to Monsieur Erik Destler. Tell him it's from Miss Daae."

"Yes, Mame," said Daniel. He then runs off with the letter. Christine turns to a servant and asks him to deliver the letter to her uncle, then heads inside.