1. A Fresh Start

Han had woken up to the sound of his alarm clock going off, he groaned, not wanting to wake up just yet. His eyes peeked open to look at his clock, only for him to realise it was 8:30 AM, meaning he was late on his first day.

"Shit! Why didn't I wake up earlier!" Jisung exclaimed, jumping up from his bed and rushing to the bathroom to have one of the quickest showers he'd ever have in his life. The shower started running and Han quickly washed himself then hopped out, getting changed into his uniform in a flash then bolting down the staircase with his bag on his back. 

"I'm leaving, bye mum!" He called out to his mum who was about to remind him of breakfast but didn't get a single word out before he was out the door.

Han burst into the classroom, drawing everyone's attention to him. He quickly fixed himself up and turned to the teacher who was staring at him. "I'm sorry I'm late" he said, dipping his head into a bow to his teacher.

"Since it's your first day, ill let it slide, but next time you're late you will be getting a detention. Now go sit over there, next to Minho" The teacher replied, pointing to the empty seat next to someone who appeared to be resting their head on the desk. 

Han walked over and sat down at his desk, awakening the once sleeping person next to him.

Minho turned his head to face Han, watching him unpack his belongings from his bag. "You new?" Minho said, breaking the silence. Han turned to him and nodded, not saying too much.

"Minho, do you mind showing Jisung around?" The teacher asked the boy. 

Minho turned his head to the teacher, nodding and standing up from his chair. "C'mon," He said to Han who stood up as well and followed behind Minho out of the classroom.

The walk around the school was dead silent, they both occasionally shared glances with each other but nothing more.

"So, where are you from?" Minho questioned the boy, breaking the silence. 

"Busan." Han replied softly, paying attention to his surroundings more than the conversation Minho had started. 

"I haven't been there, what's it like?" Minho questioned once again.

"Boring, there aren't any stars there when it's dark," He muttered, finally taking his attention off the school and glancing at Minho.

"There arent many here either to be honest. The city is too bright," Minho replied back, noticing that Han was now looking at him rather than the school. 

"We should head back to the classroom," He said to Han, turning around and walking back to the classroom with Jisung following behind him. 

Minho found it kind of cute watching Han follow being him.