twelve

•°•
Deny, Deny, Deny
Season 2, Episode 4
•°•

"I want Jude to be buried here." Tori croaked out

It was only an hour after Bailey and Addison had come up to talk to her about funeral arrangements. She decided that since she'll spend most of her time at the hospital, it was only right that her baby boy be remembered here.

"There's a perfect place for him in the memorial garden." Meredith said gently, "When the sun is out, it would shine directly on him."

Tori nodded. That did sound nice. That way he'd always be warm, "Can you ask Bailey if we can bury him before I'm discharged?"

"Of course."

-•°•-

Somehow, everything for Jude's funeral was arranged in a matter of hours. Tori, Ariel, Meredith, Jordan, Alex, Tyler, Olivia, George, Izzie, a wheelchair bound Cristina, Bailey, Addison and Webber were all in attendance at the spot Meredith had picked out for her nephew.

As she wasn't discharged or even cleared to be standing, Tori was in a wheelchair in front of the grave.

The casket was baby blue and so tiny while the headstone had Jude's full name and his death date.

As she looked upon both the casket and headstone, tears fell steadily from her eyes.

As the casket was lowered, she let out a gut wrenching sob, "Wait!" She cried and brought out a little stuffed bear and gave it a kiss before passing it to Ariel to do the same, "He shouldn't be alone. He'll be scared!"

After Ariel had kissed the bear, she handed it to Webber, who gently lifted the casket lid and put the bear beside Jude and closed it again.

"I know I already told you this, baby boy, but I'm sorry I only knew about you for five weeks and I'm sorry I couldn't protect you. I want you to know that you are so so loved and you were so wanted. I love you forever, my little kraken." Tori cried as the casket was reburied

-•°•-

In Tori's hospital room, she was looking out the window as Ariel slept beside her and Jordan slept on the chair. It's been 2 days Ellis Grey killed her baby boy and since she buried him. All Tori felt was guilt, emptiness that only Ariel could lessen, and paranoia.

She felt guilty for not being able to protect her baby and she was paranoid that if she let Ariel out of her sight, something bad would happen to her little girl.

A knock on the door was heard not even 10 minutes after they had taken Jude away. Tori continued to sob to herself as Meredith got up to answer it.

She could hear her sister arguing with someone quietly before Meredith allowed whoever it was to enter the room.

"Tori, I'm so sorry for your loss." Derek apologized, "I need to check for brain damage. You hit your head pretty hard." He explained softly

A wave of anger rushed through her veins. Her baby was dead and they wanted to check her for brain damage?

"Get out!" Tori yelled through her sobs