03. christine! christine!

"Christine, Oh thank heavens you're safe!"

She knows that voice! her best friend..
(Y/N) called out to her!

The Destler girl ran to embrace the still-dazed woman who flinched when she felt that warm and soft embrace of her dear friend.

It hadn't occured to the young soprano that she had returned back to the living world, where there was light, where darkness could not show itself, Where The Phantom would not-could not show himself.

And yet.. she feels as if her mind and soul was still with The Phantom, deep below in The Opera House.

She could not forget the sight... The way he went from angelic to monstrous when she took that mask of his off his face.. And god, the face.. That hideous face! It frightened the poor girl, it shook her soul for she had never seen such a monstrous appearance!

"Christine, Christine?" her dear friend's sweet voice calmed her down.

The girl turned to look at her dear friend. She looked so worried, so concerned..

It made the Daae girl realize that she was no longer in the lair, no longer in the darkness, no longer in the phantom's cold, dark, trance, but in the warmth of her beloved.

If The Phantom was the darkness, (Y/N) was the daylight she sought to seek out.

Christine could only stare at her, happy to see her again. She held the Destler's face gently before embracing her sweetly.

"I missed you." Was all she said as she continued holding her best friend as if she would disappear if she let her go.

"And I, you." (Y/N) smiled before pulling a way though their hands stayed entangled.

"What happened? Where have you been? I was worried!" Destler, though unaware, stressed the Daae girl out with her numerous questions, though she didn't blame her. For if (Y/N) disappeared the way she did, she would have ransacked the whole Opera looking for her.

"Father once spoke of an Angel.. I used to dream he'd appear.. But now, i fear him! I don't want to see him ever again! I still feel his stare! I feel that he's watching me now! Oh, (Y/N).. You must save me from him!" Christine cried out, holding her dear friend's hand so tight that she winced.

"Christine, your hands.. Its cold." Anxiously said by (Y/N) who tried to pull away but Christine's hold on her was far too strong. Christine was holding her as if she was her air, her last oxygen.

"I've seen him with my own eyes! His face.. It was so distorted.. So deformed, it was hardly a face..." She was so afraid, so unlike the Christine (Y/N) knew.

"Your face, Christine! its white!" Worried, (Y/N) managed to pull her hands away and hold her friend's face.

"He frightens me!" The Daae girl's legs gave out on her as she fell, her best friend fell with her but grabbed Christine's arm so the fall wouldn't hurt them.