Chapter 1: Lyra is gone

The mansion is filled with mourning. Everyone is still in shock about the incident. Mrs Lakshmi can't stop crying looking at her daughter lying in the coffin. Her beautiful daughter is now gone forever. Mr Ramu, a 38-year-old hard-working family man, was standing in the backyard of his mansion, he couldn't think straight, he was still horrified by the news he heard in the morning, his lovely daughter was no more, and he wouldn't be able to see her beautiful hazel eyes anymore, Tears started to run down his cheeks.

"Hey man, I hope you are OK!"

A familiar male voice from behind caught Ramu's attention, he quickly wiped off the tears and turned behind to see who it was, it was Rick, his best friend and business partner.

"Oh Rick, I'm fine, don't worry" Ramu replied with a fake smile."

"I know Ramu, this is so hard, but you have so much to do after this, your daughter was murdered brutally, we need to find her justice," said Rick.

"I... I just can't believe this, I wish all of this was just a bad dream," Ramu said with a shaky voice.

Rick sighed and said,

"Ramu, I know how painful this is for you and your family, but you can't stay broken Ramu, you have to stay strong for Lakshmi and Lasya, they need you more than ever now."

" You know what? just take a few weeks off from work, I'll handle everything, you just take a good rest ok?" asked Rick to Ramu."

"Thank you so much, Rick, I appreciate you, man," said Ramu and hugged Rick.

"Don't thank me, Ramu, I'm your friend, and I'll always be there for you if you ever need me, give me a call ok?" asked Rick.

"Yea sure, take care, Rick," said Ramu.

"Take care too Ramu, I'll take leave now," said Rick and left the mansion.

Ramu walked into the house, and he saw Lakshmi sitting beside Lyra's coffin and crying relentlessly, he couldn't bear to see the love of his life in such pain, but he was helpless, he wasn't sure how to console his wife. Ramu noticed that his younger daughter Lasya was nowhere to be seen, he went upstairs to her room, he knocked on the door.

"Who is that?" A slow and soft voice comes from inside the room.

"Honey, it's Papa, can I come in?" Ramu asked.

"Yes, you can!" Lasya replied

Ramu opened the door and saw Lasya hugging her teddy bear while sitting on her bed.

"Hey honey, are you ok? Why are you here?" Asks Ramu while sitting on the bed beside Lasya.

"I don't know papa, I can't sit down there, I don't like it down there!" replies Lasya while sniffing.

"Honey, look I know how painful it is to lose your only sister, I know you don't like what's happening here, but we have so much to do, your sister needs justice." Says Ramu.

The 15-year-old just stared at her dad.

"Come on now, we have a few rituals to complete for Lyra." Says Ramu while getting up from bed.

Lyra nodded her head and went downstairs with her dad. The time has come, and everyone is getting ready to leave the mansion and go to the cemetery, Ramu's family is not ready for this, so a few men volunteer to carry Lyra's coffin. Although Ramu's family is Indian, they did not follow too many rituals for the death, they decided to bury Lyra so they could visit her graveyard whenever they wanted to. Ramu walks towards, Lyra's coffin, he stares at his daughter who is lying down with her eyes closed, wearing her favourite turquoise coloured dress, her face becomes unrecognizable, full of bright red scratches, and her skin looks pale.

"Oh my dear, who could have done such a cruel thing to you?" Cried, Ramu while looking at Lyra.

Lakshmi holds Ramu's hand while crying

"I can't do this darling, I can't see our daughter getting buried, I just can't!" cried, Lakshmi while hugging Ramu. Ramu hugged Lakshmi back.

Lasya who couldn't bear to see her parents crying ran towards them and hugged them.

"Am I gonna be all alone after this ma?" Asked Lasya to her parents.

"Oh honey, no you won't be alone, I promise you, you will never be alone!" replied Ramu while hugging both his wife and Lasya.

Ramu took a deep breath took the coffin's lid and closed the coffin. Lakshmi and Lasya started to cry, they still couldn't believe all this was happening. A few men came to help carry Lyra's coffin, they started to carry her coffin carefully and started walking out of the mansion while Ramu, Lakshmi and Lasya followed them while crying.

After burying Lyra, Ramu's family returned home, the mansion was very quiet, and Lasya went upstairs to her room. Their maid Mitra was cleaning the mansion's hall, noticing the return of the family, she ran towards Lakshmi and asked,

"Sir, Madam, would you like to have some tea or coffee?"

"No thank you Mitra ma" replies Ramu with a slight smile while Lakshmi just walks to the stairs to go to her room, Ramu follows her.

Mitra has been working for the mansion for a long time, she is around 50 but a very active working woman, Ramu's family have good respect for Mitra hence they call her Mitra ma to show her respect. After cleaning, Mitra made herself a cup of tea and sat in the kitchen, tears started to run down her cheeks, and she was thinking about Lyra.

Lyra has always been kind to Mitra, she doesn't treat her like a maid, but like a family. Lyra loved spending time with Mitra, and Mitra always cherished the time being spent with Lyra, Mitra's heart is raging, she is praying that whoever did this to Lyra shall face the same painful death. Mitra misses Lyra a lot, she can't imagine days that's gonna go without Lyra's presence in the mansion. Mitra started to think of the days she spent with Lyra.

"Mitra ma, can I have a cup of tea please?" Asked Lyra

"No you can't my lovely girl, you just had a cup two hours before, too much caffeine is not good for your health!" said Mitra while looking straight into Lyra's hazel eyes.

"Oh ok doctor Mitra, I'll just make it by myself then!" said Lyra while rolling her eyes at Mitra.

"You little naughty!" said Mitra while showing her hand like she was about to hit Lyra.

Lyra started to run away and said "You can't catch me old Mitra ma" while laughing and ran away from the kitchen.

Mitra suddenly turned and saw the empty kitchen, the memories she had with Lyra could never be forgotten.