Chapter 2 : Preeti's first case.

Chapter 2: Preeti's first case.

Wiston Police station

John, head of the police department, is sitting with a few files and a newspaper on his desk, the newspaper's flash news is Lyra's death since they are a well-known family in town. John is not happy with how the media portrays the police. John sighs and shakes his head, he sees Preeti through the mirror that separates his room and Preeti's room. Preeti is an Indian girl. She has a limestone skin tone, an upturned amber pair of eyes, a small nose with a pointed tip, and thin pinkish lips, has a lean body, she is a newly joined police officer waiting for a case. Preeti was busy arranging files when John took his telephone and dialled a number to connect to Preeti's room. Preeti jumps a little when the telephone in the room rings suddenly. She quickly grabs it. "Hello Wiston police station, how may I help you?" asked Preeti swiftly. "Hey Preeti, calm down it's me, John! Come to my room for a while, please!"

Preeti looks up and sees John waving at her, asking her to come. " Sure sir," Said Preeti while nodding her head and hanging up the phone, she walked out of her room and went to John's room, she knocked and went inside, Preeti saluted John and smiled. " Well have a seat Preeti, I have an important case for you." Said John while showing the chair in front of him. "Wow, really Mr John? So I'm finally getting a case?" Asked Preeti while being all excited. "Well, yes, you are getting a case to solve, but it's a little complicated and the case also needs to be very confidential as well." Said, John."Oh, don't worry about that Mr John, I can keep it confidential and I'm sure I'll crack this case as quickly as I can." Said Preeti confidently with a big smile on her face.

"Hmm, ok then, here is your case file." Said, John while handling a file for Preeti. She takes the file and turns it to see the details of her first case. Preeti's smile suddenly fades away, and she frowns. "But sir, this case?" asked Preeti after reading that her first case was going to be Lyra's case. "I know, Preeti, this is a very serious case and needs to be done as soon as possible. I trust in you, Preeti. Good luck, you may leave now." Said, John while smiling at her. Preeti sighs, stands up, and leaves John's room. Preeti goes inside her room and sits on her chair while holding the case files. "No way I can do this! Such a big and confidential case as my first case?! I can't believe this, how am I gonna do this?" Said, Preeti to herself while making a sad face, she felt like crying.

"Hey, girl what's wrong?" Asked, Tricia, noticing her best friend's face. Tricia is an African girl, she has bouncy spiral chin-length, dark curly hair, she is tall and has a lean body, She has a lovely pair of dark brown hooded eyes, a Nubian-shaped nose, and full light-beige lips. She is a stunning woman who can make any man fall for her, also a police officer. Tricia and Preeti are best friends, they also live together in the police quarters. "Arrhhgg I got my first case." Said, Preeti angrily. "Oh my god, that is such good news, why are you mad about it? Aren't you the one who was dying to get a case?" asked, Tricia confused by her best friend's emotion. " Yes, I badly wanted a case for me to solve on my own, but not this one!" Said, Preeti while giving the file to Tricia. Tricia takes the file and starts reading it. Her eyes almost come out of her face when she sees Lyra's case file. " My god babe, this is huge, but I believe in you, see this is your first case, you can't give up on this girl, if you need any help I'm here ok?" Said, Tricia comforting Preeti while rubbing her back. "Thank you Trissss, I love you" Replies, Preeti, while hugging, Tricia.

After work, Tricia and Preeti go back to the quarters. They buy themselves some Chinese food on their way back to the quarters. After reaching the quarters, they enter their room, freshened up and had dinner, they were starving. Tricia had Chinese fried rice with vegan dumplings while Preeti had vegan chow mein and a few dumplings from Tricia. They finally lay on their bed, sipping their watermelon juice and they feel good. "So big day tomorrow huh?" Asked, Tricia while scrolling through Instagram on her phone. "Yeah babe, I'm so nervous, the investigation has to start tomorrow." Said, Preeti while staring at the ceiling of their room. "You will do just fine, don't worry ok?! Now sleep, you need a good sleep before starting your day tomorrow, Good night!" Said, Tricia. "Good night girl" replies Preeti while yawning.

After about half an hour, both of them fell asleep. Suddenly Preeti opened her eyes and saw her grandmother standing in front of her, Preeti was shocked and got up from bed. "Pati! (Grandma in Tamil language)" Said, Preeti looking at her grandmother who was smiling at her. " Don't you worry kanna (dear one in Tamil), everything is going to be fine, you are going to get a reward for successfully finishing your first case kanna, Pati will always be there to guide you, now go get some good sleep, my dear Preeti." Said, Pati while vanishing slowly. Preeti opened her eyes and she was still on her bed, it was a dream. Preeti's parents died in a car accident when she was 10 years old, back then the police couldn't help to find the guy who hit and ran Preeti's parents' car. It was when Preeti decided to become a good and honest police officer. Preeti grew up with her grandmother, and she loved her dearly, Preeti's grandma helped her dream come true, and she helped Preeti financially, when Preeti finally graduated her grandma died, so she moved to the United Kingdom. The only relationship she has here is with Tricia. Preeti is determined to make her grandma proud of her. Preeti goes back to sleep while smiling thinking about her grandma.