¹⁹

"You have two more meetings today then you're done." Younghoon reported as he watched his boss, leaning tiredly on his chair. "Can you cancelled all of them? I don't feel good today." The boss asked. His forehead was throbbing in pain as he tried to soothe it with a massage.

"Sorry, dude. I can't. They are already here so it would be inappropriate to send them back. Do you want some medicine? I have an extra painkiller at my desk." the secretary told him. "No, thanks." He sighed. "It's all your fault, Hoon. We shouldn't postpone those meetings last week. Now, all of these meetings squeezed into one day become so stressful."

"Hello? How is that my fault? I just followed your order, Mr Lee Hyunjae." Younghoon shook his head as he took a seat. "Hoon, don't you remember that day when you forced me to have a sleepover at your place then we both went to bed so late that we missed two important meetings the next day because we overslept? So, it's not your fault?" Hyunjae reminded the said guy on the past event.

Welp, so remember that night where Hyunjae and Hyerim stayed for dinner at Yoon's house? Yes, that was last week's episode. Apparently on their way back home, Hyunjae received a message from a panicked Kim Younghoon:

 Apparently on their way back home, Hyunjae received a message from a panicked Kim Younghoon:

I believe this conversation explained everything lmao

"Yeah but HOW IS THAT MY FAULT?" Younghoon slammed his hands (lightly) on the desk. "Dude, really?" Hyunjae facepalmed. "Dude, what?" He countered.

"dude..."
"dude?"
"DUDE?"
"DUDE?!!"

Hyunjae raised both his hands. "Okay, you know what? Nevermind." He surrendered then stood up from his seat. "Let's go to that damn meeting." He walked himself to the door, literally out of energy. "I don't think you will dislike this one..." the tall secretary said, tailing behind him. "I don't care, let's just go through this fast. I am exhausted as hell." Younghoon chuckled as he pushed the elevator's button. "You don't want to ask with whom you will be meeting next?" Hyunjae groaned. "Should I? Honestly, I really don't care now but just tell me already."

"Ha Yoon."

".... oh."

Kim Younghoon, I swear to god I will fire you after this, block you on every social media, cut ties with you and gaslight myself to forget you

Hyunjae sighed. Apparently he was fooled. There was no Ha Yoon. Not even her shadow. The only thing he could see was a room full with bored looking old people. Hyunjae couldn't believe that he just let the other guy made a fool out of him on broad daylight. Right under his nose to be exact. (damn boy was so in love) NO I AM NOT? (yeah... sure) HUH??? LEAVE ME ALONE.

He could see the You-Know-Who, trying to control his laugh from the other side of the room. Hyunjae's body might be physically in the room but his mind, definitely listing down every possible things he was planning to do on that said man. On the other hand, Mr. You-Know-Who was enjoying himself, not knowing his fate in the future.

"So, what is your opinion on this, Mr Lee?" One of the attendees asked. "Huh?" the poor boy was so caught up with his thoughts, clearly forgot about the meeting. Wait, what's the meeting about? "Mr Lee?" the attendee asked again. The whole room's attention seemed so to be directed towards him. "I am sorry, please give me a second." He cleared his throat and quickly skimmed through the agenda papers. "So, as you can see from the papers in front of you. These are the final words from last week's meeting in the HQ that I have attended. I believe CK has been doing great for the past few years, thus this is the time for CK to move forward and try new things instead of depending on trends." He explained.

"What do you mean by that? I believe by following the trends, CK will be doing much better in the market because at least we know what the public wants. Isn't it true?"

"Yup, I do believe in that too before but as I said earlier, CK finally has its own name in the industry. We have established a strong root in the animation and gaming community. So, instead of riding on trends.. why don't we use our name to build a trend? And of course, I am not saying this project will be a huge success. It still has some pros and cons so that is why I suggest to do some surveys first . If the demands and expectations are there, then why shouldn't we give it a try?" He answered. "In business, there's always risk but we can't forever play it safe either. I just need your support with this and I will try my best to meet your expectations." He continued.

The room then was filled with slow murmurs as the attendees were discussing with each other. Hyunjae waited nervously in his seat when he saw You-Know-Who gave him a small thumbs up. That was when they heard someone was clearing his throat, probably to get the room's attention. "Very well, you have our support for this project and you can proceed with the plans. And to make sure we keep updated with the progress, a monthly meeting will be scheduled until the project has completed. Not gonna lie, some of us were really skeptical to your proposal but you have succeeded in persuading us with your speech so congratulations, Mr Lee." The whole room then filled with applause. Hyunjae rose from his seat before giving them a bow.

"Thank you very much. I will definitely try my best. Really appreciate your kind support."

Then later after that, the meeting finally ended. The attendees, one by one lining up to shake hands with Hyunjae as they started to take their leave. Soon, only Hyunjae and his secretary were left.

"Congratulations on your project, Mr Lee. Now you may leave for home. Your work is done." He informed. Hyunjae glared suspiciously at the guy. "I thought I have another one last meeting after this?" "Yeah, but you looked so cool just now so I decided to cancel the next. I know, I know. I am the best secretary you ever had. Don't thank me." He flattered himself, while Hyunjae obviously judging him on the side.

"I don't believe that crap so you better tell me the truth. I am still not moving on from your lies earlier."

"Alright, damn. It's not my fault that you're a simp." Hyunjae glared. "They have a last minute plan to do so they postponed the meeting in two days." You-Know-Who said. "Well I better take my leave now. Bye." With that, he basically started to ghost You-Know-Who until only god know when.

(sorry I dislike business so Idk how things work. i just make my own logic if it even makes sense lmao)