CHAPTER 22

Joe felt strange when he read the text. He didn't like it. He sighed and texted Mirabel. He told her never to say she hated someone again.

Mirabel was upset. She didn't want to text that she hated him, but she was moved to.

Joe could understand how she was feeling. He texted Mirabel, telling her that he knew why she was angry with him, because of the way he responded to her rudely at his office the last time they saw.

He apologized for his action and requested to be friends with Mirabel again.

Mirabel saw the text. She noticed her feelings for Joe coming back. She shook her head, as if she was trying to shake off the feelings from her body.

She doesn't reply to Joe's request, but asked why the sudden message.

Joe had gotten off his seat when her text came in. He felt displeased when he read her text.

He subdued his feelings and texted her back.

Joe forwarded some messages of him and Ella. It was shocking.

In the messages, Ella was talking to Joe to about the pregnancy she was carrying.

This confirmed it all to Mirabel. Ella is indeed pregnant. But with whose child?

In the message, Ella was angry with Joe for asking her who the father of her baby was.

She was venting her anger on Joe, who didn't give a damn about it.

All Joe could do was send laughing emojis at her.

In the message, Ella was acting as if she was innocent, and that Joe was the guilty one.

After Mirabel read this, she asked Joe when all these happen.

"That was yesterday. I wanted to know how her expression was at work, that's why I'm texting you," Joe texted.

Mirabel read it. She realized that Joe wasn't aware that she's no longer in the Daycare. She doesn't tell him.

She only told him that someone shared with her a message of Ella, talking to someone

She referred Miss Bello as someone, so that Joe won't know.

She told him what Ella had written.

Joe scoffed and showed his disinterest to Ella's case. When Mirabel saw this, she got angry with Joe even more.

Mirabel texted Joe, "You two slept with each other, so what if she's carrying your baby?"

Joe became stunned by Mirabel's question. He asked her if she was suspecting him to have impregnated Ella.

Mirabel doesn't reply.

Joe wasn't pleased with this. He tells Mirabel that he knows he's a player, but he knows what he's doing when he's having sex.

He agreed that he had slept with Ella more than ten times, but he never released in her.

"Ella follows Peter and Williams. It could be anyone of them," He texted.

Again, Mirabel doesn't text Joe. She somehow believed Joe's words.

Joe texted again, saying they should drop the matter aside.

Mirabel texted back, "Okay."

Joe read the text. He felt strange within himself. He decided to call and hear Mirabel's voice. He was missing her.

Immediately Mirabel saw his call, she disconnected it.

Joe was surprised.

She texted him. Saying that she was busy and wanted to continue with her work. Then she texted bye.