Chapter 59: Appointment

After thanksgiving, I talked to Nate about the idea of going to Paris with the girls

After thanksgiving, I talked to Nate about the idea of going to Paris with the girls. He agreed it's be a good idea for me to go, but insisted we check with the doctor this morning that it's okay for me to fly.

As we arrive to the doctor, Nate pulls a recording camera out of his back pocket and I furrow my eyebrows at him as he opens it to begin recording.

"What are you doing?" I ask him with a chuckle as he points the camera at me.

"These are precious memories, I want to always be able to look back at memories with my girls" he says and I roll my eyes playfully at his persistence of a girl.

"Whatever," I say jokingly as we both get out of the car. We took car service instead of a Limo, wanting to avoid gaining any attention of Paparazzi.

The last thing I need right now is for my pregnancy to be blasted everywhere, especially so early on when the chances of a miscarriage is so high.

To my dismay, I see a male outside the doctors office with a large camera around his neck. The second I lock eyes with him, the camera raises and points directly to Nate and I.

"Nate." I say as my voice cracks. He looks up from the camera and sees the man snapping photos of us. "This can't be happening." I say, feeling my nerves begin to grow within my stomach.

We begin walking towards the front doors of the doctor before Nate says, "Give me a second, I'll take care of it... Go inside and check in, I'll be in there in a second." he rubs my back for comfort and I nod my head. As he begins walking towards the man, I make my way inside.

I check in at the front desk and as soon as I go to take a seat, Nate walks inside and he sits beside me in the uncomfortable chairs.

"Paid him off." He mumbles annoyed and I feel my anxiety disappear.

Thank god.

"How much?" I ask as I grab a magazine off of the table in front of us.

"1200." He says and I widen my eyes. Even though that's nothing to him, it still sucks that we have to pay someone for basically nothing.

"Thank you, baby." I say sweetly, using a term of endearment I don't typically use, causing him to give a small chuckle.

"You're welcome, baby." He says back and I smile before the nurse calls my name to head into the office.

We get escorted to the room and I sit upon the exam table. As the nurse makes friendly conversation with us and clicks a few buttons on the machine, I pull my pants down slightly as well as lift my shirt up to make it accessible for the nurse.

After setting up the machine she comes over to me and squirts the cold gel on my small baby bump. Nate immediately brings out his new camera with no shame.

"Sorry about him." I jokingly mumble to the nurse at how embarrassing he is, and she chuckles at my comment.

"Please, you'd be surprised how many people do the same." She says as she presses the ultrasound device on my stomach where the baby is growing. The sound of its heart beat plays loudly through the ultrasound machine, causing tears to brim at my eyes immediately.