Chapter 10: Joining Civilian Stuff

April 19, 1349

The corridor stretched ahead of Kai as the wind gracefully teased her hair, and the sun bathed the surroundings in a gentle glow. Every step echoed determination, each one carrying her closer to Arianna's room. It was already afternoon, a time Kai deemed fitting to discuss her aspirations of joining the civilian stuff. The idea had simmered in her thoughts since the early morning, a desire to share her intentions with Arianna and seek guidance.

However, a twist of fate led her to engage in a study session with the system, unearthing unexpected revelations.

-------
In a flashback, Kai found herself engrossed in a book in her room, the system acting as her guide and occasional source of enlightenment. Today's study session took an intriguing turn when the system, typically reserved in its guidance, suggested a specific topic.

The book she was perusing unveiled the name "Emperor Roselle." Kai, initially indifferent, had contemplated flipping to the next page. Yet, the system interjected with an unusual prompt, expressing its opinion:

"[I think it's a good thing if you read that.]"

This departure from the usual dynamics intrigued Kai. The system had never initiated what to read, acting more as a strict but helpful professor, answering questions rather than guiding and giving suggestion to the learning process. Kai, appreciative of the self-reliance this setup instilled in her, was taken aback by the system's suggestion.

Mumbling to herself, Kai reflected, "I prefer this way." In this world, where she had transmigrated, self-reliance became a vital skill. Despite Arianna's assistance and the system's guidance, Kai understood that there would come a time when she would have to face challenges alone. Her quick adaptation to this world spoke volumes about her resilience and adaptability.

The conflicting emotions of confusion and excitement swirled within Kai as the system took the unusual step of suggesting what to read. She hesitated, staring at the screen, a silent question lingering on her lips. However, she held back, focusing her attention on the book and flipping back to the page where the name "Emperor Roselle" caught her eye.

After 30 minutes immersed in the revelations about Emperor Roselle, Kai found herself caught between conflicting emotions, unable to discern whether she felt happiness or sorrow. The weight of the discoveries lingered in the air as she muttered to herself.

"Mere words can't capture the impact Emperor Roselle had on this world," Kai mumbled, contemplating the significance of Roselle's contributions. He was the catalyst for bringing sayings, literature, and technological advancements into this realm. The very fabric of today's technology bore the indelible mark of Roselle's ingenuity.

Kai, recognizing Roselle as a fellow transmigrator, drew parallels between the inventions he created and those from Earth, citing examples like the steam engine and improved sailboats. Her musings led her to question whether Roselle might have been the mastermind behind even more aspects of their world, such as the creation of newspapers and tarot cards.

"There's a high possibility," Kai speculated, her gaze fixed on the pages before her.

"But...," Kai mumbled, a subtle hint of melancholy in her voice, "Emperor Roselle transmigrated 200 years ago... and was assassinated." The acknowledgment of his demise brought a bitter smile to her face. The sense of loss for a figure she had just discovered was paradoxical yet poignant.

The senior transmigrator, despite his significant contributions, had met a tragic end.

The narrative took an intriguing turn as Kai learn upon Roselle's peculiar habit of writing a curve line. This writing, shrouded in mystery, was believed to hold power if deciphered. Kai couldn't help but ponder, "Is there a possibility that Roselle's writing is not in the words we use today? Could it be a past language from Earth, explaining why people can't understand it?"