Chapter 2

This can't be real.

"I'm sorry, what?" I asked incredulously. There is no way I heard him correctly; a Fae male, offering a human a trip to Prythian?

"You don't have to of course. It is your choice. If you tell me no, I'll leave right now and you can go on as if I were never here." Easier said than done, Harper and the others would never let me go on until I told them what happened out here. Especially Sophia- our piano player and basically my sister within the Covey. "Why would you even offer this to me? Is it even safe for humans? I know the things we were told happened to us there were mostly myths but still, there's no telling and there is no way in hell I'm going somewhere to be hunted-" "I can assure you that it would be perfectly safe." He replied, cutting off my panicked rambling. "You would have my protection, as well as that of those who dwell in the lands I would take you to. It is the safest area you could possibly enter." What is this mystery land with its mystery guards then? I asked as much, but he seemed hesitant to answer. "Like I said, it is the safest place for you. It's your choice, Lia, but I do need an answer. And you need to get back to work." He was right; I was 12 minutes into a 15-minute break, and things would get rowdy fast once the crowd realized the music was not back on time. But how was I supposed to make this decision in such a short time? Do I stay and continue on as normal, as if this mysterious male never made such an offer? Or, do I take the risk and possibly finally figure out what that pull to the wall is? As the stress set in, my curiosity took over; "I'll go." I told him quickly, not sure if it was the right choice. He stared for a moment, as if he could sense my doubt, but eventually continued. "Alright then. Give me about an hour to go make sure some things are in place, and then I'll be back to take you. Finish your show, say your goodbyes, and gather anything you want to have with you; don't stress too much about essentials, those will all be waiting for you." Wow. For someone who couldn't have known how this conversation would go, he really seemed to have this planned to the T. A gust of wind blew by, as if to sweep him off to wherever he would carry me to later on; as I spoke the most important question of them all, so fast I'm surprised he even heard it. "Will I be able to come back?" "At any time, all you have to do is say the word and I will take you wherever you wish."

He meant it too. Despite not knowing the male at all, I could feel it; the moment I asked, he would bring me back. But in the same moment I asked the question, I had already decided. I would not be coming back.

I re-entered the pub, making my way onto the small platform we were using as a stage. They all looked to me, expecting an explanation. "He was Fae," I stated simply. "He offered me a chance to go to Prythian. I said yes." I scanned their faces, seeing varying degrees of shock; except for Harper and Sophia. Harper had a look of what seemed to be resignation, as if she had seen this coming- though I don't know how. Sophia was the opposite. She seemed devastated, as if she could break down at any moment. I could barely meet her eyes. "I love you, Sophie. I love you all. I'm sure I'll be back." The next sentence directed at Harper; "But I have to know." She gave a slight nod, while the others looked at her with the previous shock and confusion. "Go, songbird. Change the world for me, okay?" I didn't exactly know what the Matron meant, but I nodded all the same. "Now come on y'all, we've got a show to finish!" I said as I bounced back to my spot center stage, with the others following after a moment.

The second set came and went as easily as the first, and as we neared the end of the final song, I saw Zane enter and stand by the door at the back of the room; waiting. The final chord rang out, and I put my plan into place. "Thank you all for a lovely evening of music and fun!" I began, "We hope you've all had an incredible time tonight, be safe and enjoy your nights!" Here we go. "And from me and me only, I speak to our distinguished Lords and other authority figures in the room who were in power before and during the last Fae war: each and every one of you, sincerely, can KISS MY ASS!" I screamed, and made a break for the door where Zane stood. Beneath the cold facade, a bit of shock leaked through. The movement began the second I uttered the words, every Lord and the like in the place lunging to reach me. But I had speed and agility on my side; being smaller than them all, and far more sober, I managed to weave through the crowd and reach Zane just in time for him to transport us both out of that place. Without even a glance back at my band, my family.

----------------------------------------------------------

Here's chapter 2! I hope everyone has had an amazing fall/thanksgiving break :) And don't fret, we'll be meeting some familiar characters here very soon ;) Please vote, comment, all the things!