Chapter 10

"I can't believe you're here! What a coincidence!" Chaeyoung said, and Tzuyu nodded rapidly. They noticed the others looking at them with confusion and Tzuyu began to explain.

"We used to go to the same school as Dahyun. We kept trying to talk to you because we're in your form and your dorm is in the same building as ours, but we can't seem to get a hold of you. We almost thought you were avoiding us!" Dahyun was getting even paler as Tzuyu talked. The latter noticed this and cocked her head to the side. "Are you sick?"

Dahyun shook her head and swallowed thickly. "I'm fine, Tzuyu." The two others smiled at her, and she eventually spoke again. "Are you not mad at me?"

Tzuyu and Chaeyoung exchanged a glance and they both burst out into laughter. 

"You think we're still upset?" Chaeyoung asked, still laughing. "We forgave you ages ago." She then paused, looking like she was rethinking something. "Wait, so you have been avoiding us?"

Dahyun was just staring at them, startled.

"Maybe it would have been nice if you told us where you were going, but that's in the past." Tzuyu commented, shrugging.

"If you don't mind me asking, what happened?" Momo questioned, and the two appeared thoughtful, that was, until Dahyun nodded at them. MiSaMo could easily tell Dahyun was ashamed, and they found it rather amusing.

"We were best friends ever since middle school. We called ourselves the 'School Meal Club' because my mom would pack us all lunches." Chaeyoung chuckled softly as she said the name. "When Tzuyu moved from Taiwan, all Dahyun could say to her was 'I love you'."

They all laughed, even Dahyun, who blushed at the memory. "She seemed interesting and I wanted to talk to her." She mumbled in defence.

"We were perfect. The only arguments we had were petty ones that we ended up forgetting about fifteen minutes later." Chaeyoung smiled sadly. "That's why we were so confused when you left." She looked at Dahyun, who avoided eye-contact.

"Left?" Sana echoed.

"One day in high school she didn't show up. Normally that wouldn't be so weird, but Dahyun has extremely strict parents. She'd never missed a day of school, not even if she looked like she was going to faint." Tzuyu said. "We also saw that she blocked us."

"We went to her house to ask where she was, but no one was home. We found out a week later that they had moved houses and no one knew where." Chaeyoung finished, her voice low. The Japanese trio were thinking about this story they'd been told. That definitely helped back up the fact that the Kims are secretive.

"We were angry, for a while, but we realised that there was no point being upset about it. You probably had a reason." Tzuyu added, smiling softly. Dahyun's lips were parted as she struggled to think of the right words.

"I didn't want to leave." She finally said, looking her friends in the eye. "I don't know why, but one day I was told we were leaving the city. I guess my parents never liked you guys, as they told me to leave anything that would remind me of you." That was when she reached into her pocket and pulled out the necklace she'd gotten in trouble for wearing the other day. Only then did Momo notice it had 'Da' engraved on the front. "I couldn't do it. So I took this with me."

The others looked shocked, before they smiled gratefully. Chaeyoung pulled one out saying 'Chae' and Tzuyu did the same with one written 'Tzu'. 

"We kept ours as well, hoping you would come back." Tzuyu grinned.

Mina looked happy for them, but internally she was cringing. She thought this whole reunion was cheesy, and on top of that she knew that later Sana and Momo would force her to make them something matching. Sana was already winking at her, a huge smile on her face.

They continued talking for a bit until they all decided to go back to their dorms. Momo was patting Sana's shoulder in an effort to calm her down after Mina reluctantly agreed to knit them something. The long-haired girl was giddy with excitement, and Momo was also happy.

"I wonder why Dahyun's family moved on such short notice." Mina said. "I think there's more to it than just not liking the area."

"Yeah, and why were they so against Chaeyoung and Tzuyu?" Momo added. 

"Maybe they feel threatened by something about them." Sana suggested, finally calming her excitement.

"You think they know something we don't?" Mina asked, not understanding Sana's input. It didn't make any sense.

"Not them. Maybe, a little like Lia, they have connections." Sana clarified, and Mina stayed silent. She had a good point. "But we also can't rule out the fact that Chaeyoung and Tzuyu know something. We wouldn't be good assassins if we went with the most obvious option."

They all heard a beeping from their devices, but when they picked up, JYP wasn't the one who was calling. 

"Greetings, MiSaMo." A  female voice that they never had trouble recognising spoke.

"Sunmi!" Mina exclaimed, happy to hear the familiar woman. She cleared her throat before speaking again. "Sorry."

Lee Sunmi laughed before talking.

"I'm happy to talk to you again as well, Mina."

Mina had looked up to Sunmi ever since she negotiated with JYP to bring her into the company. Just like she was forever grateful for Sana and Momo, she was also forever grateful for Sunmi. She was like her mother-figure, despite how harsh she could sometimes be. Especially during training.

"How is your mission going?" She asked and Momo sighed.

"It's just getting more complicated. But we've become acquainted with the Kims' only daughter, Dahyun." She explained.

"Momo, you know I admire your efficiency, and your way of doing things is not to be frowned upon." Sunmi's voice softened. "But please don't allow your emotions to get the better of you again."

Momo's lips were parted. She wasn't surprised that the word of her scolding got around the company, but it still hurt.

"Of course, Sunmi." She replied, taking a deep breath. Sana then brought up the topic all three of them wanted to ask about from the beginning.

"We know you don't just want to catch up with us. What are you calling us for, Sunmi?"

A low chuckle was audible.

"You know me so well, don't you?"