Chapter 15

TW: ATTEMPTED SUICIDE/SUICIDE & ABANDONMENT

Sana stepped back into the dorm, worry clear on her face as she saw Mina caressing an unconscious Momo's cheek.

"She still hasn't woken up?"

"She did, but then passed out again." Mina looked down at Momo sadly. "She looks so exhausted."

Mina cleared her throat, before glaring at Sana sternly. "What did you do?" She asked.

"If I told you, you'd get mad." Sana shrugged, smiling. She saw her best friend's furrowed eyebrows. "I didn't hurt anyone! Promise!" She hastily clarified, waving her hands around frantically.

Mina just chuckled, before staring Sana right in the eye.

"Sit next to me." She patted the spot beside her on the bed and her friend complied. "What's wrong?"

Sana swallowed thickly. She honestly didn't think Mina would notice. It was barely obvious, but the girl hadn't been like herself that day. Sure, she was still bubbly, but something was off about her. Something that, if Momo hadn't consumed whatever substance was put in her food, not only Mina would have noticed.

"You won't ever leave me...right?" Sana's voice was just above a whisper. Mina frowned.

"Of course not. Both Momo and I love you so much." She smiled reassuringly, leaning her head on Sana's shoulder.

🌿🌿🌿

That night, Sana didn't sleep well. She dreamt of her best friends, and as she walked towards them, she was pushed away.

"What the fuck do you want, Sana?" Momo asked, her tone sharp. For some unknown reason, Sana's throat went dry. She stayed glued to her spot, unable to move or speak.

"You've put up with her so long she thinks you actually like her." Mina giggled, although her laugh didn't sound sweet like it usually did. It sounded mocking, taunting. "How did you maintain your sanity, Momoring?"

"I honestly don't know. That psycho was useful during training, but now, she's just a weak burden."

"Always ruining things." Mina added. "But now we can go."

Sana was finally able to speak. "Wait! Go where?"

"Anywhere as long as it's away from you." Momo rolled her eyes, and Sana desperately reached out for them, just as they disappeared.

"Hello?" She called, fear present in her voice. She hated being left alone. She'd get shot, stabbed, anything if it meant not being alone. But there she stood, in a dark, endless void, all alone.

This didn't last long as two painfully familiar figures appeared before her. Their faces were devoid of all expression. Sana's lip quivered as the first tear fell from her eye.

🌿🌿🌿

Mina woke up in the middle of the night. It wasn't the rain drops slapping the windows, or the fact that Momo was still unconscious keeping her awake. It was the sobbing. The sobbing coming from Sana's bed.

The dorm had dividers to separate each bed as makeshift bedrooms. Mina crossed into Sana's room and saw her shaking, mumbling something incomprehensible. She got closer, only to realise Sana was still asleep. Mina silently sat down on the bed, just as the first understandable words left her best friend's lips.

"Mama...Papa..."

Mina froze. She didn't understand why this was happening. Sana hadn't had a nightmare like that for ages. And then she realised. This was the same day it happened. Every year, on that specific date, she always acted unusual, but she stopped having nightmares. That's why Mina didn't understand why she was having one now. She focused her attention back on Sana, and began stroking her hair, whispering comforting words. Sana relaxed a tiny bit, but it didn't stop the heart breaking sobs. Mina realised this wasn't going to work, and woke her up.