December 6th

It's one of the few days Louis wakes up early on his own. No daylight comes in between the thick curtains on the windows yet and when he reaches for his phone, which he no longer turns off in the evening so as not to miss a message from Harry, he sees that it is just after six o'clock. Almost a full seven hours until he has his angel all to himself.

With a big grin, he lies in the warmth of his bed and sighs softly at the thought of staring at Harry for hours. His thoughts take on a life of their own and he sees himself and Harry in the most cheesy situations in front of his inner eye. If only one of them came true, Louis would be the happiest person on earth.

But then a thought suddenly creeps into the foreground and Louis quickly grabs his mobile phone.

Louis
Good morning angel, where do we meet anyway?

He doesn't expect an answer because it's still so early and is surprised when his phone beeps just a few seconds later. Excited to get an answer so quickly, the phone falls on his forehead the first time he tries to unlock it. He rubs his skin with a groan and yet it can't drive the smile off his face.

Harry
Why are you awake so early? I'll pick you up. Assuming you and your family are staying at the Bluebird Inn?

Louis
That remains my secret. Just so much - it has something to do with meeting one of the handsomest guys today ;) And yes, we're at the Bluebird Inn.

Harry
Oh, and this is where I thought I had a chance with you. Tell the guy he's lucky to go on a date with you.

Louis
Will do x

Harry
See you later x

With a grin that doesn't want to disappear from his face and a restlessness that doesn't let him lie still anymore, he jumps out of his bed. After a smoke on the balcony, he slips back into the warmth of the room and takes his time in the bathroom to look as perfect as possible for his angel.

Again and again after his shower he styles individual strands of his hair in the right direction, every single one has to lie perfectly. For a long time he thinks about which perfume he should choose from the two he's packed, which would probably suit Harry's taste the most, and briefly has a nervous breakdown because he just can't decide. Finally he reaches for a bottle with his eyes closed and hopes that his choice is the right one. When choosing his clothes, he is again just as desperate in front of the three options he has laid out on the bed.

Finally he sends a photo of it to the family group chat and hopes that some of them will be awake. And indeed, shortly afterwards he gets the opinions of his mother, Lottie and Fizzy. All three agree on one and so Louis puts on his black skinny jeans and a thick, light blue wool sweater that makes his eyes shine and emphasises them.

His only shoes are his sneakers and Louis realises that he has a date for a walk today. In the deep snow. Maybe Louis should go to the shopping centre beforehand and finally buy boots that will ruin his whole outfit but keep his feet warm and dry.

He spends the rest of the time until breakfast smoking on the balcony or zapping through the TV without really noticing what's going on there or even thinking about anything other than Harry.

.•❄️•.

The rest of his family wants to take a beginner's ski course this afternoon and until then they're heading to their rooms after breakfast. Louis, on the other hand, wants to go straight to the shopping centre to get shoes.

And for a look at Harry. Who can blame him?

But just as he is about to step out of the hotel, he stops in surprise, his thoughts already again on his favourite curly haired man, when he hears his name called.