Hunter sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose. It had been weeks since he'd seen edric. Why did that only make him more ancy? He was sure it was nothing.. But he couldn't get that boy out of his head. From the way edric looked at him, to the simple smile that boy—that boy had trapped hunter. Got him addicted to the stupid, goofy, corny way he talks.

Was it purposeful? He had no idea. Hunter wanted to understand the mixed emotions he had for that boy. He has only known him for a few weeks and he trusts that boy with his life—he's known his uncle his whole life, and he wouldn't even trust that man with his food.

That's it.

|time skip:3|

It was finally dark out, and hunter had changed. He was in a somewhat large hoodie, loose jeans, and boots. And to top it all off, he wore his face mask, the black one.

He took flapjack, and eventually he had found that same path that he had met edric on. He waited for half an hour. When he didn't show, he got back on flapjack, flying to the blight manor.

He quickly flew around a few windows before seeing edric sitting at his desk studying—not something he expected. He was stunned when he saw dozens of the golden guards pictures all over his room.

He didn't see that when he was over a few weeks back! He knocked on the window, successfully getting edric's attention.

He could just barely see the flustered look on edric's face when he realized hunter was there. He rushed to the window, opening it enough for hunter to come inside, so he did.

"I—uhm— wasn't expecting you!" Edric gave a nervous chuckle as he began taking down the pictures.

"Yeah, sorry about that." He looked towards edric's desk to see he wasn't studying, he was drawing. He was drawing the golden guard in different poses, along with what hunter assumed was guesses on what edric thought he might look like.

He felt his face heat up ever so slightly,, "you're really good at drawing!" He smiled at edric who turned a deep red.

"Heh. Thank you!" He finished taking down the last few posters, sliding them under his bed.

"Got quite the idol, huh?" Hunter snickered slightly.
Edric nodded,,"y—yeah, guess I do."

There was silence for a minute as edric put away a few more things.

Maybe it was out of tiredness, or just straight impulse, but hunter hugged edric from behind, resting his face in edric's shoulder. He rarely showed any type of affection, so maybe that was why edric's face became so hot and red.

Still, both were quiet.

|time skip| (lol couldn't find anything else to add there)

Almost as if emira hadn't learned her lesson the first time, she slammed open the door, and there stood emira, Luz, and amity.

"EDRI—" Hunter fell off the bed as his adrenaline kicked in, quickly stumbling to his feet.

"Oh." Emira looked at him, then to edric who was still half asleep in bed, then again back at hunter.

Hunter looked at edric, then back at emira. He then saw Luz.

"Oh— eww. " he furrowed his brows at her, looking her up and down with a grossed out look.
(Such a sibling reaction 😭)

"WHA— SAYS YOU!"

emira looked at her,, "you know him—?"

"Well, yeah,—" hunter shot her a look as she paused. "Yeah. We met before."
(This is before hollow mind)

~

After a little while spent with everyone in the kitchen, Luz pulled hunter into a separate room. She pinned him with eda's staff, owlbert.

"Why are you here?!"

"Well—I could ask you the same!"
She glared at him threateningly. "Fine. I'm just friends with edric, okay? I wouldn't have come here if I knew you'd be here."

She sighed, mostly out of relief. "I won't tell edric that you're part of the coven if you tell me the covens plans."

He hesitated,, "well... Okay— I'll tell you what I know. Although I don't know much, I do know that belos is planning on doing a draining spell..? I don't know what it is, but it's supposed to happen sometime in the next few months. About.. Two months after grom."

"Hm. Alright, thank you, Hunter." She nodded at him, before leaving the room.

Hunter looked at flapjack and sighed. "We should be headed back, huh, flapjack."

Flapjack tweeted, fluttering before turning into a staff. Hunter left the room through the window, not bothering to say goodbye. He would just text edric when you got back.

~

When he got back, he was relieved to find everything was normal. He texted edric just as he thought he would.

Meanwhile~

Edric had decided to follow hunter, as he wanted to surprise him in a few weeks. However.. When he saw hunter fly into the castle of the emperor... His stomach dropped, Betrayal churning in his mind.

He was part of the coven?...

CLIFFHANGER LOLL

sorry this took longer than expected
╥﹏╥