Chapter 30

The bathhouse was uniquely made with granite on both the floor and walls, its surface smooth as if coated with oil. The small rectangular window was positioned high, almost touching the ceiling, ensuring no view from the outside.

The issue lay in the limited amount of light entering due to its small size, resulting in a somewhat dim interior. To compensate, dozens of candles were placed on one wall, their flickering light mingling with the damp air, creating a peculiar atmosphere.

Most impressive was undoubtedly the wooden bathtub. Coated with lacquer, it exuded a deep red luster and boasted a size large enough for five people to comfortably fit. Steam rose generously from the hot water, creating a dense mist over the surface, reminiscent of a fog.

Even for a wealthy aristocrat, a bathing area of this scale was rare. It's a level that anyone can't help but admire.

So, what does it look like in the eyes of a slave who had been living in a hut?

"Wow......."

Eun-oh, captivated by the surroundings, was too engrossed to even consider undressing and busily roamed around.

In truth, the bathing area itself held a sense of wonder for Eun-oh. Before arriving at estate, he had lived bathing in the river. Hence, the first time he entered a bath in the outer courtyard, it was thoroughly fascinating for him.

However, it was different here.

The scale of the bathhouse in the main courtyard surpassed all expectations, rendering it quite extravagant. It was a place that even elicited thoughts like, Is there really a need for a bathing area to be this splendid?.

While Eun-oh was mesmerized, Chae Yoon-sa, having finished changing, walked towards the inner bathing room.

Naturally, Eun-oh's gaze followed his retreating figure.

Cloaked in a different aura than when wrapped in a cloth, his figure now adorned with a thin robe and sash revealed a slender impression. Despite broad shoulders and long limbs, it was his smooth facial features that made him more akin to a literary scholar than a martial artist.

In fact, judging solely by his face,
Chae Yoon-sa seemed more suited to the title of a refined gentleman rather than a soldier.

Rather than being called by titles like "Ghost" or "Ruthless" he was more fittingly referred to as a playful youth within the courtesan house.

But what about a naked body with nothing on?

It gave more of an impression of robustness than slenderness.

Wide shoulders on both sides framed by the clear lines of muscles on a broad back. A waist drawing a supple curve, conveying a sense of both slimness and thickness. Arms and legs extended refreshingly long, almost as if providing a cooling sensation.

The soft glow of lantern light delicately played between the contours of his well-defined muscles, casting subtle shadows that added depth. It resembled bold strokes outlined with a thick brush and meticulously detailed with a fine one, truly capturing the essence of a scholar man and the physique of a skilled martial artist.

If there was a single flaw, it might be the scars that remained on his body. However, even these scars added a touch of wildness, not giving off a gruesome impression.

How did he come to look like that?

Without even the thought of envy, Eun-oh felt pure curiosity towards the body that seemed so perfect in comparison to his own.

While he had seen several men with robust figures, seeing a body as strong and sturdy as the young master's was a first. The same applied to his face.

"Enough with the sightseeing, come in" came the brisk command, snapping Eun-oh back to attention. Lost in observing everything, he had forgotten the original purpose. Eun-oh moved his foot toward the bath.