Chapter 6 - Just a Little Guy

Sabre attempted to sleep through the night, but was plagued by dreams of Light Steve. What was wrong with him, seriously? He couldn't bear to think of the Steve being in trouble even in the slightest, which was unlike him. He didn't typically care so much. And he didn't want to care so much.

Around midnight, he sighed and gave in, unable to sleep. He put his bed back in his inventory and stretched a bit.

Sabre had to believe Light Steve was okay—there was no reason for the little guy to have left his hidey hole anyways—but Sabre still worried. Dark Steve was probably still outside, waiting and watching like a hawk for any opportunity to swoop in and hurt Light. The thought sent a pang through Sabre.

Sabre got to his feet and made his way towards the snow biome where he hoped Light was. It took only an hour or two, but throughout that time, Sabre's worries seemed to spike. Why was he so afraid over a simple Steve?! Sabre had to stop just to scold himself. This wasn't someone he was supposed to care about, this was a collection of pixels in a block game.

When he finally got there, it was pitch black outside. If Dark Steve was there, it would probably be hard for Sabre to see him. Still, he had to be careful. Sabre came in through the back and dug through the snow to get into Light's makeshift home.

Sabre glanced around, looking for the white Steve. "Light?" He called out.

Before he could call out again, he got more or less tackled from behind. His mind immediately went to Dark Steve, but turned around to see Light Steve above him, arms wrapped tightly around his chest.

Sabre's arms went up instinctively. He returned the hug(not nearly as tight; Sabre wasn't that strong, but he feared he'd crush the little guy) "Did you miss me or something...?" He asked, confused.

The Steve pulled back, grinning. Sabre stood up, holding the much smaller body in his arms. The guy had to be four feet tall, maybe even less. "You're clingy." Sabre noted.

Light Steve then flinched in his arms. He was looking somewhere, and Sabre turned around to see where he was looking. Sabre froze just as Light did when he realized what he was looking at.

Dark Steve stood only a few feet above them. He blended in with the night, his face barely illuminated by the few torches Sabre had set down the other day. And he was very clearly angry.

"What kind of asshole waits this long to hurt some tiny snow guy?" Sabre muttered as he set Light down carefully. He probably shouldn't have said anything, because Dark Steve seemed to hear it, and threw a fireball at the ground in frustration. Sabre had to stop forgetting that Dark Steve could understand him.

Dark Steve threw another fireball at the packed snow, and it broke, spewing out everywhere. A wild smile spread across Dark's face as he realized. Uh oh.

"We need to get out of here." Sabre grabbed Light's arm and pulled him out of Dark Steve's sight. He attempted to bring Light through the entrance he dug to get in, but Light refused to budge.

"Come on." Sabre groaned. "He's going to get in, and then we're toast."

Light glanced backwards nervously, then ran forward into his arms again. Sabre sighed and picked him up, placing him on his back.

"Okay. Let's bounce."

Sabre trudged out into the snowy biome with Light gripping onto him tightly. Sabre had no idea where to go; what was he supposed to do? There was a monstrous, evil, crazy man on his tail, and a tiny, frail, adorable little guy on his back.

His time to think was cut short when he turned around. Dark Steve stood a few feet in front of him, grinning.

"Shit." Sabre cursed.