Snowy Disaster

Hunter sighed, looking at the key he'd managed to grab off of the cotton candy princess. He had no clue what the human saw in her, but she was somewhat useful.
Hunter examined it, It was cracked, and spilling some Titans blood out, but hopefully it'd be enough to make Emperor Belos proud. Hunter's palesman stuck his head out of the cloak's hood, chirping.

Hunter froze for a moment, his eyes widening. He could understand his palesman, well, somewhat anyway. "I can understand you?" Hunter said, a bit of unsureness In his voice. The palesman chirped again, nodding his head slightly in response to Hunter. "Is that normal?" Hunter asked, putting the portal key away. The palesman chirped, flying up in front of Hunter.
"So, what's your name?" Hunter asked, putting the coven scout mask down. Kikimora was probably still around, and could be anywhere. If she saw him she'd probably go berserk.

The palesman chirped, landing on Hunter's head. "Flapjack? What kind of name it that?" Hunter asked, letting out a small chuckle. He stopped however, after hearing what sounded like sobs. He knew he shouldn't follow the sounds, in fact he should be running Incase it's a trick, but curiosity got the better of him.
Flapjack quickly hid in Hunter's hood, keeping quiet as he approached the sounds. It lead Hunter to the edge of a cliff, where he could see a small handout spot set up.

"Stupid! stupid! stupid! Of course they wouldn't like me, who would? Especially if they knew what I looked like without this stupid stone." A voice exclaimed, sounding frustrated and upset. Hunter got down onto his knees, peeking over the edge of the cliff.
He saw a boy with green hair, pacing through the snow. He looked as if he'd been crying, his face was red and his eyes were a bit puffy.

Hunter recognized the boy by his hair and attire, it was one of the Blight twins. He believed his name was Edric, second born child of the Blights. Hunter wondered what he was going all the way out here, and why he was so upset looking. He didn't have time to be curious though, he had to leave before Kikimora got to the palace first.
Hunter stood up, turning around to leave. He stumbled backwards however, after being startled by what looked to be a bat. He stumbled back, falling backwards off the cliff.

Flapjack flew out from his hood, flying a
to the edge of the cliff. Hunter closed his eyes, ready to hit the snow and either die or pass out. But neither of those things happened, instead he felt someone catch him.

Once he opened his eyes he saw Edric, holding him bridal style after just saving him from the fall. He almost immediately dropped him however, causing him to land in the snow.
Hunter coughed, quickly getting up. He brushed the snow off himself, and looked around for Flapjack.

"Y-you're a coven scout." Edric said, his voice a bit shaky from earlier. He quickly grabbed a stick off the ground, and pointed it at Hunter as if he was going to stab him with it.
Hunter looked at him, raising a brow underneath the mask. Did the Blight really expect to scare him with a stick?

"Were you spying on me?!" Edric exclaimed, his voice back to normal. "No- I just happened to get separated from my group and wander over here." Hunter said, crossing his arms and looking down slightly. He had technically been spying on him by peeking over the cliff, but it was only out of curiosity.
Edric poked at Hunter with the stick, it didn't do much. "What are you doing out here and why were you spying on me!" Edric demand, wanting answers. He knew everyone at The Owl House had some weird thing going on with the Emperor's Coven, he also knew his sister was involved as well, so this could be some sort of kidnapping plan.

"I wasn't spying on you!" Hunter exclaimed, pushing the stick away from him. "You were close enough to the edge of that cliff to fall off, so you were spying!" Edric said, poking Hunter's chest with the stick.
"I got pushed off by some dumb bat!" Hunter said, grabbing the end of the stick so Edric wouldn't be able to poke him with it again. "Hey, Batric isn't stupid! He's actually really smart." Edric said, dropping the stick and crossing his arms.

Batric and Flapjack flew down from the edge of the cliff, both landing on their owners shoulders. Hunter quickly hid Flapjack in his hood, nobody in the emperor's coven had a palesman.

"You need to control your palesman Blight, I could have died if you didn't decide to catch me." Hunter said, just about ready to leave. "He's not my palesman- wait, how do you know my last name?" Edric said, a look of confusion on his face.

Hunter mentally cursed himself, he didn't mean to slip up like that.

Edric paused for a moment, the gears in his head turning. Then it hit him. "You're the Golden Guard- I knew your voice was familiar!" Edric exclaimed, quickly grabbing the stick from the ground.
"Huh, the one time someone doesn't call it annoying when they recognize it." Hunter said, crossing his arms. "Why are you dressed like a scout? And why were you spying on me- are you planning to kidnap me or something?!" Edric asked, pointing the stick at Hunter.

Did he really think that stick was going to do anything?

"That's none of your business, and for the last time I wasn't spying on you!" Hunter said, clearly annoyed. "Look- I was just passing by alright, then that bat attacked me and I fell." Hunter explained, taking a deep breath to calm himself down.
Edric thought for a moment, not sure what to do. He sighed, and put the stick down. "Fine, I'll believe you." He said, a bit of unsureness in his voice still.

"Thank you, now if you'll excuse me I need to leave." Hunter said, walking past Edric. "I better not see you spying on me again, or else I will stab you with the stick again." Edric said, crossing his arms. "Try a knife, if you stab me I'd prefer it if you'd actually kill me." Hunter said as he walked off, if he was going to be stabbed he'd like to die from it.

Edric watched as Hunter walked off, he was going to have to tell Amity about this later.

[Word Count: 1130]

||Yep, I'm rewriting this! I promise you that most everything is the same story wise, only difference is the writing and timeline I guess. Anyway, hope you enjoyed!||