Lost in thought

Edric laid in his bed staring up at the ceiling, his mind racing. He'd just gotten back home after the encounter with the Golden Guard, and he couldn't stop thinking about it.
Why was he wearing a scout uniform, what was he doing out there alone, and why had he been spying on him? So many questions, and not enough answers.

Edric sighed and sat up, maybe he could ask Amity some things about the Golden Guard. He knew her and Luz had had some experiences with them before, so maybe she knew something.

Right as Edric was about to get up to go find her, Emira and Amity walked into his room. Edric was a bit startled, but this was normal. "I'm telling you Emira, I'm going to punch him in his stupid face the next time I see him." Amity said, walking over to Edric's bed and sitting down. "Punch who's stupid face?" Edric asked, tilting his head confused.
"The Golden Guard, I had a run in with him at Eclipse Lake while trying to get Titans Blood for Luz." Amity explained, falling back on the bed. "Hah- funny you mention that.." Edric started, rubbing the back of his neck nervously.

"What did you do?" Emira asked, sitting down on the bed with one leg crossed against the other. "I may have been out on Titan's Knee, and I may have run into the Golden Guard.." Edric said, his voice trailing off a bit. Amity immediately shot up, her eyes wide. "WHAT?!" She yelled, causing both Edric and Emira to cover their ears.

-

-

-

"What do you mean you had a run in with the Golden Guard?! What were they doing?!" Amity asked, almost yelling as she paced in front of Edric. "I was just hanging out when he fell off a cliff, I managed to catch him though." Edric explained, still covering his ears.
"Remind me again, why were you all the way out there?" Emira asked, covering Amity's mouth with her hand so she'd shut up. "Umm.. I was just hanging out with Batric?" Edric said, clearly lying.

Amity shoved Emira's hand away, taking a deep breath before she spoke again. "What was the Golden Guard doing exactly?" She asked, her voice much calmer now. "He said he got lost and was just passing by, Batric told me he was spying on me though." Edric explained, uncovering his ears.
"Why would the Golden Guard be spying on you of all people?" Emira asked, crossing her arms. "That doesn't matter right now, when did this happen?" Amity asked, pulling out her scroll. "Three hours ago?" Edric said, he was really only guessing. It took two hours to get from their Manor to the Titans knee and back, and he'd been home for around an hour, so that was his best estimated time.

"That means.. damnit! He had the key with him!" Amity exclaimed, face palming. "Woah- what key?" Edric asked, standing up from the bed. "The portal key, to the human realm!" Amity said, groaning In frustration. She quickly put her scroll away, and stormed over to the door. "I've got to tell Luz about this." She mumbled as she walked out, leaving Emira and Edric alone.

"Soo.." Emira started, a hand on her hip. "Did they reject you?" She asked, causing Edric to freeze up. "W-what?" He asked, glancing at her. "They totally did didn't they, that's why you were all the way out at the Titans Knee!" Emira said, a smirk on her face.
Edric crossed his arms, glaring at her. "I told you they weren't interested." She said, pulling her scroll out. "Shut up, and get out." Edric said, his tone was serious and annoyed. "Fine, whatever." Emira said, walking out of the room.

Edric sighed and locked his door, sliding down to the floor. He pulled his legs against his chest, tears welling up in his eyes. He hated whenever Emira would rub this type of stuff in his face, she knew how much it hurt Edric, yet she kept doing it.

Edric sighed and stood up, walking over to his desk. He opened one of the drawers, pulling out a small wood carving knife he'd stolen from his dad's workshop.
How stupid could he be, thinking anyone would ever like him. He was annoying, and hardly anyone wanted to be around him. He felt so hurt and angry, to a point he couldn't take it.

He needed to let his anger out on something, so what better than himself?

-

-

-

Hunter sat in his room, bandaging up a few cuts he'd gotten while out on the mission. They weren't too bad, but they did hurt quite a bit.
He kept thinking about that Blight boy, and how he was crying. He wasn't sure why he kept thinking about him, but he did.

Why was he all alone out there, who was he talking to himself about, and why had he been crying? So many questions ran through his mind, questions he didn't know why he was asking. Why should he care about the Blight? He didn't know him, he only ever talked to his parents before.

Flapjack landed on his shoulder, chirping. "What? No, I'm not thinking about that. I'm thinking about that stupid Blight." Hunter said, sighing softly. He was surprised at the fact he could understand Flapjack, even though it wasn't something that most witches could do with their palesmen.
Flapjack chirped again, tilting his head. "I'm just curious about why he was crying, that's all." Hunter said, standing up from the spot on the floor he'd be sitting at.

Flapjack flew over to Hunter's windowsill, landing on it and chirping. "You want to sneak out? And go where?" Hunter asked, walking over to the windowsill. Flapjack hopped around, looking out of the window. He chirped, before flying onto Hunter's shoulder.
Hunter looked out the window, sighing softly. "We can do that tomorrow, I'm too tired right now." He said, walking over to his bed and sitting down.

Flapjack flew over to his, sitting down near the pillows. Hunter scratched Flapjack's chest, before taking his boots off and laying down. He didn't have any patrols that evening, so he could go to bed early and rest.
He didn't get to sleep a lot, so he took any chance he could get to rest.

[Word Count: 1133]

||Yep, the Edric self harm is back. I know it was something that happened much later on in the original story, but I decided to add it earlier this time. Also, the person who made Edric cry will be a bit of importance as the story goes on. And yes, I'm updating this on the same day, I have school tomorrow- might as well work on this now.||