4. Beauty Amidst Chaos

It has already been two days and Michelle opted to stay most of the time on the seaside bar outside the private villa, enjoying the nightlife in Thailand with a bunch of random people.

The only time she had spent in Grandview Porsild was when she needed to sleep, quite fun for a vacation.

That and also during breakfast, she ordered her usual earlier but she didn't feel the need to eat, her mind wandering somewhere else.

Her food and coffee had gone cold already, beside it was the usual flower placed neatly accompanying her meals.

A red carnation.

She thought nothing of it, the high price tag of the place just comes with the extravaganza.

Maybe, it is from Porsild herself?

She shrugged, cringing at the thought. Ba't niya pa naisip 'yon?

To erase her thoughts, she reached for her phone on the coffee table, unlocking it and going straight to her gallery.

There it is again, the image that haunted her.

The photograph that caused her this misery and confusion, the memories rushed in her mind once again. Flooding her thoughts with negativity, regret and everything- all at once.

She jolted up from her bed and her feet brought her in the spacious balcony that looked over the ocean.

The ocean itself made her relive that horrible night. Her heart slowly tightened at the memory.

Two weeks ago...

The loud music was blasting and hammering through everybody's ear. Deep into the night but all are wide awake, feasting over the drinks and pulutan that was served.

"Riri, I'll just go there." the latter just nodded and gave her an encouraging thumbs up, still occupied to the beer pong she joined.

"Okay wifey! I'll follow you nalang after!"

"No no, it's fine. Gusto ko lang muna ng fresh air. You should stay here birthday girl!"

"Okay okay! Geez, I'll see you mamaya. I love you!"

"I love you too! I-panalo mo!" Michelle cheered her and took her leave.

Michelle who already drank her nth shot of the night was groggily walking towards another cottage. Her bare feet brushed against the fine white sand as she tried to keep herself steady.

The volume of the music slowly faded away with each step she took, it was replaced with the inconsistent sound of the waves that clashed in the shore.

She stopped midway after she remembered what Rhian said yesterday, "She's promised that she is coming.Trust me!"

Yeah. She did come.

But with someone else by her side.

Michelle looked around trying to find the person she longed to see way before the night started. Michelle was pretty sure that the person disappeared near the place as she saw them walk away together.

She just wants to talk privately, in order to clear her head full of questions that are bothering her.

When she couldn't find what she was looking for, she decided to settle on an empty hut, she sat there silently and gave up.

Legs are hurting as she already walked pretty far from the party. The loud music already drowned by nature's sound.

"I'm just going to the states to study."