Chapter 1

AS EVELYN OPENS THE DOOR, SHE IS IMMEDIATELY WELCOMED BY THE STRONG SMELL OF CIGARETTES and empty alcohol bottles on her kitchen table.

She rolls her eyes while cautiously taking the empty glass bottles and putting them in the trash. Evelyn hasn't been home from a few days because she stayed at her friend's house after a fight with her mother.

She knew that when she came home she had to clean the house and take care of herself but the thing she was most afraid of was facing her mother. She knew exactly what she was going to say and how she was going to say it. It was the same shit every single day.

As she finishes cleaning the kitchen table she hears footsteps behind her, she closes her eyes and lets out a breath, preparing herself for her mother's wrath.

"Where have you been?" She asks annoyed, like she was forced to ask.

"At my friends" Evelyn answers carefully while starting to do the dishes.

She was a bit shocked about her mother's calm mood, but she didn't show it.

"Which one?"

"You don't know her"

"Mhm"

Evelyn felt so uncomfortable that she takes out her phone and puts her earbuds in.

She can feel her mother rolling her eyes and walking away, probably to light up another cigarette.

Evelyn lets out a breath of relief and finishes doing the dishes.

Zach didn't know why he said those things to the girl, he didn't mean to offend her or anything, he was just curious.

There were lots of rumours about the girl, many boys and girls thought she was an horrible person because of her father. Others thought she was brave for speaking up and defending her father, others simply didn't like her.

Zach didn't know her, but he wanted to since he was little. He always thought she was pretty but that's not why he wanted to know her. He wanted to know more about her father and what she thought, Zach had always loved true crime stuff and mysterious stories. He found them fascinating, he found Evelyn fascinating.

Her story, her personality and her stubbornness together made Zach wanting to know more, so he had a plan.

He wanted to help her find out the truth about her father, that's why he reminded his friends to go and talk to her tomorrow.

"You want to talk to Evelyn Monroe? The hell is wrong with you!" His best friend Marcus yelled at him in the changing rooms.

"you want to talk to Evelyn Monroe?" His other friend asks him confused, but Zach ignores him.

" Just do it, I promise you I will tell you tomorrow" Zach answers him by rolling his eyes.

" But why?-"

"Just do it my God!"

"Okay!"

They both roll their eyes at the same time, before his other friends can interrogate him any more, the coach comes into the room.

"Okay, you guys know this year you will all go against each other for the captain's place, I want a fair game and no dumb fights, now get your asses to the pitch!" Bobby Finstock shouts.

FIRST CHAPTER DONEEEE WOOO WOOOOOOOOOOOO (this is so embarrassing I'm literally talking to no one)
I know nothing about lacrosse so bare with me
My only experience is Teen Wolf 😔😔😔
GO READ jacqliner storyyyyuyy  BYREEEE