Chapter 4 - little banter

Hagrid's hut was a haven of warmth, the crackling fire casting dancing shadows on the wooden walls. The scent of some magical creature stew wafted through the air, giving the space a homely feel despite its unconventional inhabitant.

"Take a seat, Jean,"  Hagrid rumbled, gesturing towards a sturdy wooden chair.

His beetle-black eyes twinkled with a mix of curiosity and concern as he settled into a larger chair across from me.

I perched on the edge of the seat, feeling a mixture of anticipation and nerves.

"What did you want to talk about, Hagrid?"  I asked, but I knew what was coming.

The half-giant took a moment as if carefully choosing his words.

"What happened in the forest today, that weren't ordinary magic, were they?"

I hesitate, my mind flashing back to the protective shield and the surge of ancient power I couldn't quite understand. I have never been able to do more than spark a light with it, it was a mystery to myself how I managed to do that back there.

"I... I'm not sure, Hagrid. It just happened. I've never experienced anything like that before."

Hagrid leaned forward, his massive hands clasped together.

"Yeh see, Jean, the forest has a way of bringin' out the extraordinary in folks. Sometimes it shows us things about ourselves we didn't know."

I furrow my brow.

"Are you saying the forest somehow triggered that magic in me?"

Hagrid nodded slowly.

"Could be, could be. The Forbidden Forest's got a long history, full of mysteries and ancient magic. Some say it's got a mind of its own, reacts to the magic within those who venture in."

My curiosity piques. The headmaster never nearly told me so much about my powers.

"Did Draco notice anything uh, out of the ordinary?"  Hagrid asks.

My mind starts racing like crazy. Should I tell him he knows or not? I debate against it. I don't want to get Draco in trouble for something I did. If having this magic is as dangerous Professor Dumbledore says, I don't want more people involved.

"Don't think he knows what it is. We've never learned about anything like this in school. Well, the headmaster knows though"  I reply.

I am not worried Hagrid is going to hurt me, I trust him, he seems like a good wizard, and in telling him who already knows, he'll know I trust him.

Hagrid's eyes gleamed knowingly.

"But yeh need to be careful, Jean. Ancient magic ain't like what they teach in the textbooks. It's powerful, unpredictable, and it comes with its own set of consequences."

She nodded slowly, absorbing his words. "I'll be careful, Hagrid. But what does it mean? Why do I have this kind of magic?"  I try to get out of him.

Hagrid sighed, his expression growing somber. He knows Dumbledore hasn't told me for a reason. He is not going to give me the answer I want.

"Some questions don't have easy answers, Jean. But remember, magic like yours, it's a gift and a responsibility. It's up to you to figure out how to use it wisely."

As I left Hagrid's hut, the mysteries of the Forbidden Forest lingered in my mind. The encounter had not only revealed a new facet of her magical abilities but had also opened a door to a world of ancient magic I had yet to comprehend. The journey into the heart of the forest was just the beginning of a path that would lead me to uncover the secrets of my own magical heritage.

His RavenclawOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara