Truth or Truth

"Jess! You're back!" Mike exclaimed as he pulled her in a tight hug grabbing her ass in the process. Jessica couldn't help but squirm out of it. 

"Yeah." She simplified looking around for Emily. Surprisingly, she didn't see her. But she couldn't ask either.

"Babe!" Matt shouted as he saw Emily approaching. So, she hadn't told anyone she went looking for her. Jessica concluded a bit startled.

It was freezing cold on the patio, and she felt like chilling inside.

"I started the fire in my room. Do you guys wanna go in there? We can still smoke..." Josh pleaded his beige Norse Projects beanie probably not keeping him too warm either. Jessica nodded and looked around making sure they all agreed. Her friends were all shivering so there were no problems.

20 minutes later they were all settled in Josh's room. The fire doing its job quite well. Most of them were sitting on the floor's big red carpet. Jessica had taken the bed with Mike who was holding his arm around her. Emily was leaning on the divan pretending to check her nails, while Matt, Chriss, and Ashley were passionately talking about whether soccer should be called soccer or just football.

"We brought the goods!" Josh exclaimed, carrying two bottles of rum in his hands and two little lime juice ones squeezed under his armpits. He dropped one of them as he was showing off the liquor, but it was plastic-made. Sam also came in with two big- two-liter Coke bottles. Setting them down on the carpet and taking the plastic cups that were decked on their necks.

A drinking game was something that Jess would have never said no to, and she looked at Emily knowing she would be down. Her ex-friend was a bit of an Alcoholic at times. No. She shouldn't have worried about her. It was not her problem anymore.

"I'm in!" Em announced.

"Me too!" Jess added everyone in the room feeling the spark and tension between the two. Josh raised his eyebrow and poured liquor into the cups. Definitely too much of it.

"So, I'm thinking some good old truth or dare..." Mike asked shrugging. Everyone laughed and agreed.

"Let's do it with a bottle," Josh said taking one of the little lime juice ones and placing it between them. Everyone was sitting on the red carpet in a circle by now.

"Whoever doesn't answer the truth has to take a shot- full one of rum" Sam added taking out a shot glass.

"No backing out!" Chriss mocked with a pretend-serious voice, looking at Ashley as she laughed. How smitten they are- Jessica thought.

                                                                                                    *

"So, Emily, now it's your turn to spin the bottle," Matt said after Emily had just finished taking another shot, refusing to answer Sam's question. Which was such a silly one, but Jess suspected the girl was just looking for an excuse to drink, having filled her cup back up already. She wasn't one to talk of course; she was also finishing her second drink. And Jess was pretty sure Josh had skipped the lime juice on this one and put just a quarter of coke in the mix.

Emily spun the bottle with a huge grin on her face, and it landed on Jessica. Her smile faded.

"Can I spin it again?" She asked, laughing like a bitch.

"Spin it again? Why, Em, are you afraid? Don't worry I won't bite..." Jessica chastised. Emily frowned at her, but the liquor made her crack a smile.

Emily's smile had something odd to it, daunting. Looking around the room she started:

"Ok, time for an ugly truth, Jessica, will you be the hangman? I mean you're already so used to it. I dare you to pick anyone in this room."

"I didn't even pick truth or dare."

"Trust me, honey, you don't want to be the one telling the truth."

"I pick you then" Jessica replied.

"Funny"

Jessica looked around not knowing who to pick, Mike was definitely off the list. She didn't trust Emily would have just spared her like that. She had to pick someone who meant no danger to her, someone nice. Best not a guy, so Ashley- no she was too easily influenced.

"I pick... Sam."

"Oh no!" Sam laughed lifting her hands and throwing her head back. Emily seemed to be thinking for a second. Jessica was scared, Emily was really smart, and more often than not she used that in malicious ways. She could make a weapon out of Sam too.

"So, the executioner has chosen... Sam, you're always honest, I propose a session of Never Have I Ever, you gotta drink if you have..."

Jesse's stomach was already churning.

"Sure, thing chief" Sam chuckled lifting her cup.

"Never have I ever- Emily looked straight at Jessica- been in love with my dearest... best friend?"

Jessica's drink got up her nose and she had to do her best job at not immediately coughing it up. The room was already spinning before, but now... She was probably just overthinking it. Emily was not even looking at her, right? But why ask Sam that, then? To her surprise, Sam had a face much like hers.

"So, no drinking? ... And I thought so highly of you Sam." Emily ridiculed.

And Sam drank, probably, the whole cup.

There was a collective "what" and Josh just got up and left the room. They all just sat in silence for a while.

"Real classy Em" Mike barked getting up and storming out, probably after Josh.

"I think this party's over," Sam said leaving with an unreadable expression dawning on her face.

They all split.

But, of course, the night was not yet over.

---------------------------------------------

Do you think Emily should apologize to Sam?

Would you say Emily was overhated as a character?

Also, what would you like to see happen in the next chapters? :)