: TWO

CHAP : II
regrets? none

"Lady Bailu I assure you that my going out will not put a pause on my recovery, It will only be for some time" Ever since Jing Yuan promised you that he'd show you around the ship he has done nothing but convince Bailu to let him roam about for a bit

"Lady Bailu I assure you that my going out will not put a pause on my recovery, It will only be for some time" Ever since Jing Yuan promised you that he'd show you around the ship he has done nothing but convince Bailu to let him roam about for a bit. And so far... she doesn't seem that convinced.

"Nope, if you go now then you'll come back with even more open wounds, adults can never keep their promises" She was quite stubborn about the whole situation, but Jing Yuan is no quitter so he has no choice but to sneak out. He wrote a small note, placed it on the nightstand next to the bed and slipped away when he knew no one would come to check on him.

Since Jing Yuan had to keep a low profile he switched to regular Xianzhou clothing rather than his usual General robe. And for extra safety, he wore a mask for a full incognito but not odd kinda style.

He made his way quickly to the exalting sanctum where the two of you decided to meet. And right as you said you've already arrived at the Court of Tranquillity. Jing Yuan quickly made his way to you,

"Good evening Ms y/n" his sudden greeting startled you but you recovered the moment you saw who it was. "General, I didn't see you there!" You couldn't help but chuckle softly, "Well," he replied with a playful grin, "I did suddenly come out of nowhere, didn't I?"

"I'm quite surprised that Lady Bailu gave you permission to roam about." Jing Yuan could only smile at your words.

Permission? No, he had to sneak out.
Very out of character? Definitely.
Worth it? Debatable but for now the bars at neutral.

"Yes," he smiled forcefully " Now, If I remember correctly, we discussed visiting Aurum Valley." He quickly changed the subject before you can ask for any more details about how he managed to be with you this evening "Caelus helped with some recent renovations there, and he thinks it would be worthwhile checking it out."

"Shall we head there then?" Jing Yuan asked as he held his hand out. With a nod, you walked beside him. The walk there wasn't long either since it was close to the Court of Tranquillity.

As the two of you got there, your eyes first went to all the different food stalls. "Ah, seeing this place bustling again brings back memories." Jing Yuan felt nostalgia hit him hard when he entered the place. Not a bad first date idea he thought to himself. "Have you come here often General?" You asked him, still looking around. "Not very often..." he turned to look at you.

The two spent their time trying different dishes which was always with you ending up with stars in your eyes at the different flavours. Maybe it was worth sneaking out to see the colourful array of emotions you could display

Food from the delicacy pavilion to the medicine shop, you went to every nook and corner and made sure to enjoy your evening to the fullest. Jing Yuan was beside you the whole time, just a few feet away to not draw much attention to himself. If anyone from the merchant guild or worse the Alchemy commission caught sight of him, he's dead in the hands of Bailu.

As the bustle in Aurum Valley continued, the two of you walked towards the docks, watching the starships port and deport with goods. Time seems to fly so quickly when having fun.

"General, be honest," you started. "Please, call me Jing Yuan. I'm not on duty now," he interrupted you, finding the title of General sounded too formal coming from you while the man is out here trying to romance his way out of your life. "Alright then, Jing Yuan..." Your tone changed to a more playful one.

"Have you ever shown someone around before?" you asked with a smirk. It appeared that his plan was failing at the first attempt.

"In what context does that apply to?" He raised an eyebrow. "A visitor or even a date, but if we're talking about dates then I'd be very interested to know more about it" He chuckled at how nosy your answer sounded. But he's never been on a date nor has he shown anyone around the ship before. It's usually the Amicassodor (May her soul rest if she was the Tiguan he knew) who did such formalities.

"Well... for someone who's spent millennia going round the same place... you'd expect me to be well versed but I can't keep up with the times anymore I'd be happy if I got the chance to sleep. " which he makes sure to make time for but no one has to know that. "My life is mostly military paperwork or approving things for the ship So I've not been on dates, hope that helps in quenching your curiosity about my love life" He smirked as he glanced at you, It was obvious that you felt bad for him.

"Very funny Jing Yuan..." you rolled your eyes at his teasing. "But you should take rests whenever you can y'know"

Clearly, the very little time you've spent with him hasn't made it obvious how lazy the man was to you. And he's better charged guilty for the number of times he's passed work to the rank below him (Diviner Fu). But the better image you have of him, the higher the chance for him to have a short-lived romance (if that even is a thing.)

"If I'm being completely honest I just offered to take you around so that I can leave that boring hospital room plus you're good company so it would be nice spending that time with you" his words were half-honest, sure the Alchemy commissions infirmary was boring but passing a once in a life time opportunity of skipping work!? Now how can he deny such a blessing? And the perfect addition of spending Leisure time with you is just Gold in his eyes.

"If you just wanted some company you should have said so from the get-go" You chuckled at his kind words. "I wouldn't mind keeping the General of the Luofu company y'know? Especially after all he had done..." Your eyes formed crescent moons as you smiled, so pretty... so breathtaking... he snaps from his thoughts and responds.

"Well, can you expect me to admit that?" It's true though, how embarrassing would it be for him to ask a member of Akivilis Express to keep him company, anyone who knows the name of the Astral Express would be flabbergasted at such a thought.

"Forget about showing me around how about I keep you company until you're discharged" As each word left your mouth he was stunned. Should he take the chance? Just to make sure...

"Really?" He asked.

"Yes, I y/n l/n would be delighted to keep you, General Jing Yuan company until you've recovered. You have my word" You held out your hand and Jing Yuan accepted it with hesitation.

"If anything were to happen to me you do know that Lady Bailu would be out for our heads." He smiled, his head running thousands of thoughts the more longer your hand was on his. "Is she that strict?" If you knew... he sighed internally.

"Well let's make the best of it then"

Jing Yuan ended up being walked back to the hospital by you. Now he doesn't have to plan on taking you to different places and thank the reign Bough arbiter that he doesn't have to sneak out and risk getting caught. But then again he wished this night lasted longer... nevertheless, he was at ease with the outcome of this eventful evening.

You waved your goodbyes and went away, leaving a giddy feeling he'd never felt before in his heart. But he knows that he doesn't regret going against orders just to secure more time with you.

 But he knows that he doesn't regret going against orders just to secure more time with you