: FIVE

CHAP : IV
Just a chance?

The plan? Oh, Jing Yuan has completely abandoned ship on that one

The plan? Oh, Jing Yuan has completely abandoned ship on that one. There's no use in trying to stop himself from liking Ms y/n, emotions are far too powerful that not even the General himself can fight them off head-on.

Now that he thinks about it, it wasn't an intuitive strategy... engaging yourself with the person you like often, simply gives you more reason to like them. Not the other way around...

Well it's too late for that, he's now flying kites with the woman he loves.

It was a windy day and you saw all the children fly kites on your way to the commission, so obviously your next plan was to enjoy flying kites with Jing Yuan.

It's pretty innocent, flying kites. But it's too much for his heart to handle when you simply look so adorable with that childlike glint in your eyes, especially when he's holding your hand to help you guide the kite around.

"Have you ever played with Kites back at home Ms y/n?" He asked, continuing to watch the kite fly around. "Not exactly... my parents were pretty strict about such things. I never really got to enjoy a, let's say a 'normal' childhood"

"You're not alone on that one" Jing Yuan smiled reminiscently, thinking back to his days when his childhood was just training with his master. "But hey, seems like adulthood is treating us just fine don't you think, minus our responsibilities to our positions" you said to liven the mood again.

your words held some truth, it's one of the saddest revelations in life once you find out that the time you once missed could never come back no matter how hard you try to make it seem that way. No matter in what way anyone could look at it, it's just two grown adults playing with kites like a child would.

In the eyes of an adult, the scene would be an obvious attempt to hold on to the last strings of childhood.

"Yanqing says you'll be discharged soon General..." y/n spoke up, this time she turned her head to look at Jing Yuan. "I suppose I am..." He didn't like the fact he was, How could he really? After tasting how life could be if one were to live such a simple one. "After this, I have no choice but to go back to my quiet, ordinary, mundane life..." he sighed loudly, placing his chin on top of your head.

If only he had witnessed the soft blush on your face at the moment. "Oh, being General can't be that boring no?" You cleared your throat and focused hard on flying the kite to distract yourself.

"Just wait till you see the paperwork... but that's not even the problem right now"

"Then what is?"