Realisation?

It has been 3 days already since Ryan was monitoring Illeana. It was an everyday routine. Although he has no work to do with her branch but still used to interrupt her work. This was because on the first day when Ryan came to monitor everyone after his tour, he saw Illeana laughing and having a great time with her colleague. Being jealous of him, Ryan went to them and mocked them for having a free chit chat rather than doing their work. Being annoyed, Illeana went with that colleague to her workplace.

The next day, Ryan mocked Illeana for coming late, and chitchatting with everyone and then doing work which seemed like so easy. He used to taunt her at every step.

The next day when Ryan did the same, Illeana rushed to her boss and asked him about the same,

"Sir, he has nothing to do with my department! Then why is he always monitoring me, my work and of course Sanjay?? Like.. I talk to him and he abruptly comes in between! It's more like keeping an eye on me especially me and not on the company!"

"Look Illeana I can understand your complaint, but I can't help it, he is our client and we have to agree to his statements!"

"Sir, he is our client! Not the supreme lord, whom we always have to obey!" Saying this Illeana marched out of the chamber only to find Ryan standing in front of her.

"Now what?? Oh ohkay! Preparing your mocking statements right? So what will you say now? That without doing my work I am chitchatting with my boss? Go on!" Illeana said getting frustrated.

"I..." He took a step towards her. She paved back.

"Just..." He again took a step towards her while she paved back.

"Like...." Illeana's back hit the wall behind her as Ryan put his hand across her face pinning her to the wall. Illeana's heart started racing faster and faster.

"Your frustrated look!" Saying this, he winked at her and started leaving, but stopped as soon as he heard her words.

"You're special to someone SIR, you have a girlfriend SIR, don't break that poor soul's trust when you're not in touch with her due to your professional reasons, SIR!" Ryan turned towards Illeana as he was hurt with her words only to find her going to her chamber. He gulped his feelings and left the place.

He went back to his hotel room, as he recalled his meeting with Illeana again in the hotel room. When he was partially naked, and she came inside accidentally. She immediately turned around and left. He chuckled at the memory.

"Haah... What's happening to me? Ever since I left Olivia, I didn't get any thoughts of her. Ever since I left Illeana, I am continuously flooded with her thoughts! Am I?....." He immediately dialled his mother's number.

"Yeah son! How are you? How's Bangalore?" She asked.

"Mom, I need advice from you..."

"Yeah sure! I will be glad if I am able to help you.." she said.

"Mom... Do i? I mean.. Illeana.." his mom cut him off.

"You wanna ask that do you really love Illeana or not?" His mom asked him straight making him speechless.

"Are you some kind of mind reader or what?" He asked.

"Yes I am!" She answered.

"Now let me finish. You know what son? From the day 1 I knew that Illeana was not the girl, you were mentioning since five years." She said.

"Whatttttttt???????" Ryan almost screamed on the phone.

In these six months, still he hasn't said anything about the changed girlfriend to his mom.

"Yes.. at the first sight, I knew it was not Olivia. Because sometimes, sneakily I have seen her picture from your phone. She's stylish, rich brat kinda girl. But looking at Illeana, she was far nowhere near to Olivia. She was beautiful, gorgeous, elegant, sophisticated, cultured, and well spoken. That was the reason I proposed your marriage! I have seen her at the wedding. I have always wondered, what if Ryan's future wife looked the same. And when I saw you both together at the hall. Bickering or whatever! I loved your pair. When you brought Illeana to our house, I had already called her parents for the marriage proposal, Illeana was happy, and so do you! But when, Blair told me about Olivia coming back to you and Illeana leaving, I was sad... Because in search of gold you lost a diamond, and since then, you have only thought of her. I have forgot the count of how many times you have pronounced her name in front of me without even realising it! Talking with Olivia even in the call has always enraged you. I never knew why, but one thing I knew, was that, you have never loved Olivia! All of that was just an infatuation! Now if you are still confused, let me define love for you!
Love is friendship, care, respect, trust, loyalty and all above, sacrifice! Now think of my words again!"

Saying this Mrs Brown hung the phone making Ryan process his thoughts!

"Love is friendship!" He remembered the time he forwarded his hands for Illeana's friendship after gifting her flowers.

"Love is care!" He remembered when he brought Illeana to his home from the club after their plan failed.

"Love is respect!" He remembered their bond.

"Love is trust!" He remembered the time when Illeana trusted him when he came to save her from the wild beast!

"Love is loyalty!" He remembered that how they both had not remembered anything apart from thinking about each other.

"Love is sacrifice!" He remembered the time when Illeana left Ryan smilingly when Olivia returned.

"Do i love her?" He asked himself.

~knock~

"Come in" he said.

"I am sorry!" He looked at the door as soon as he heard that.

It was Illeana.

"I am sorry for talking to you rudely!" She came towards him and hugged his arm. His muscles relaxed at her touch. She kept her head on his shoulders.

"I shouldn't have brought Olivia between us right! But shouldn't I be doing that? I came in between you two and when Olivia came back, I saw the same love in your eyes for her and never saw it for me! I thought you still love her and when she's th...

"I shouldn't have brought Olivia between us right! But shouldn't I be doing that? I came in between you two and when Olivia came back, I saw the same love in your eyes for her and never saw it for me! I thought you still love her and when she's there, you can never evoke your feelings for me! So I left!" She said. He cupped her face.

"I have always loved you Illeana! The only person I have loved, is you! And nothing else! When I saw Olivia, I was thinking of why she came back after cheating on me! But to be honest, it has always been you, my first love! And my first truest everything! I love you Illeana! I love you!" He said while Illeana smiled and held his arms.

"Ryan????" He looked at the door, to find Babil standing at the door.

"Are you crazy or what? You are holding a ghost!" Saying this he burst out laughing.

Ryan didn't understand anything and looked at his side! There was no Illeana. It was his thoughts. He realised his feelings for Illeana. He actually loved her.
.
.
.
TBC
DO VOTE AND REVIEW