❝𝘲𝘶𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘣𝘦𝘦❞

"RISE AND SHINE, DK!" I hear my best friend pound on my trailer door. I get up, still in my black lace underwear and an oversized band tee.

"Shut your face." I unlock the door so Jug can get in. I burp and go over to my fridge and take out the milk. I grab the Honey Bunches of Oats box and a bowl to make my cereal.

"Are you hungover?" Jug asks me as I sloppily take a bite of cereal. My eyes close from still being half asleep. "No," I respond even though I most definitely was. Jughead chuckles as he sees my puffy and bloodshot eyes with bags underneath. "Here, I'll get your backpack ready. Go change." He instructs me.

"Who do you think you're talking to, little boy?" I stare at him with a straight face. "Well, you need to drive me to Northside so I suggest you hurry up." He says finding the books scattered around my living room.

I scoff and turn to go find an outfit. I open my closet and pick out the easiest thing I can find: very washed-out baggy, ripped jeans, a cropped grey band shirt, a black belt, and my Serpent Jacket. I pull on my Doc Martens and brush my straight, blonde hair. I quickly do my everyday makeup, grab my phone and car keys, and leave my room. Jug hands me my black and white plaid backpack, and we're out the door.

I unlock my black Toyota Highlander and set down my stuff. Jug gets in and I pull out of Sunnyside Trailer Park. I start driving down the many roads while Jughead talks to me about his summer. How he wrote a good intro to his paper on the Jason Blossom mystery. I nod and follow along while drinking a monster energy. We finally reach Northside territory and the high school is pretty close.

"What'd you do for break?" Jug asks me.

Pleasure consumes me as Sweet Pea kisses my sweet spot. My shirt comes off with one swoop, revealing my black lace bra.

"Pea. Pea!" I moan as I bring him back to my lips. He unbuckles my belt and down go my jeans which I kick away. He takes a moment to look me up and down. "You're so goddamn beautiful."

"Oh, just hangin' out with friends." I smile as we pull into the parking lot. I pull up to the front of the school and he grabs his bag. "Have a good day, Jug," I say tiredly. He says a quick "you too," and he shuts the door.

I take a deep breath and start my way to the Southside. I think about how I haven't seen Pea since November and how my head hurts like a bitch. I get to the school and pull into my signature spot that has "Queen Bee" painted on the car stop. I check my makeup in my mirror, fucking gorgeous as always, and lock my car. I walk into the school with my head high and go straight to my locker.

I see Toni, Fangs, and Pea waiting for me. I stroll up to them, smacking my gum, and place a hand on Pea's back.

"Hey, Dais. How was your break?" Toni asks. "Fun," I said. Sweet Pea looked down at me and placed his arm over my shoulder. Pea and I had always been close since the end of 7th grade when Jughead introduced us.

"Juggy, who's this?" I ask him when I see the unfamiliar face. "DK, come meet him." The guy towers over my 5'3 frame. "Nice to meet'cha. I'm Daisy Kate." I go over to him with confidence. "Sweet Pea." He smiles and kisses my hand.

"How was y'all's?" I ask. They all talk about the boring or fun things they did. I try and follow their words, but this pounding headache is gonna kill me.

The bell finally rang for first period, sending Toni and Fangs to their classes. Pea held me back. "Were you drinking again?" He asked me, slightly concerned.

"Why'd you ask? Is my makeup that bad?" I joke even though I knew I was in trouble. Sweet Pea had been trying to get me off alcohol for a while now. "Daisy your eyes are more bloodshot than I've ever seen." He whispered. "Oh, I've set a new record." I fake celebrate with a laugh.

Sweet Pea doesn't think it's funny, though. He gives me a straight face. "Fine, you're makin' me feel bad. Yes, I drank last night, but it was only whiskey." I admit. He kept staring at me, but I knew what he was asking. I roll my eyes.

"Okay, maybe a little vodka too."

...

"Fine! My parents brought rum for me to try from some new place they went to." I spill to him. "Daisy Kate!" Sweet Pea exclaims. "Scold me later, I won't remember if you do it now," I say.

"How are you not puking right now?" Pea asks me. "I did it all last night." I shrug as we start walking. We both have our first period together, history, and it's one of the first classrooms.

We put our bags down and sit next to each other. The teacher comes in and starts talking about whatever. We color our name onto a piece of paper and three things about us.

The next couple of lessons go by super quick, and soon, it's lunchtime.

I walk into the beat-up and vandalized cafeteria and see my designated table in the middle. There were lots of Serpents sitting around, making sure to leave a spot for me.

"DK!" Toni greets me and I stride over. "Hey, y'all." I smile at a few of them and put my finger under Toni's chin and lift it so her eyes meet mine. I wink at her and she smiles and rolls her eyes, I've always been a flirt.

I sit next to Sweet Pea, my feet where you're supposed to place your behind. "Hey, Sweets." I smile at him and he puts his hand on my back and starts to massage.

We make small chitchat and fool around with the Ghoulies, but soon the day is over and Sweet Pea is following me out to my car.

"No drinking, Daisy. At least not tonight." He reminds me of a promise I made earlier today. "Fine. I'll see ya, Pea." I smile and get into my car.

"Yeah, bye, DK. Drive safe." He pats the top of my car as I pull out. I turn up my radio and jam out as I go pick up Jughead.

I see him waiting on the front steps so I wave when I get close. He hops in and immediately starts telling me about his day. About Archie and Betty, Cheryl Blossom, and the new girl Veronica Lodge.

"How was your day?" He asks me. "Oh, boring. Wrote my name and favorite color a couple hundred times." I joked and turned down the music. We talked about our day and finally, we were at my trailer. Jug decides to hang out to do homework and then we'll go to the Drive-In later.

originally published - 11/28/23