Chapter 1

🫘

You woke up to a beam of light shining down onto your face from your window. Squinting, you looked at the panel, noticing how the cool air fell into your room.

You got up out of bed and rolled your shoulder, your back slightly aching from the position you fell asleep in. You gazed back at the drawing pad next to your bed, it sprawled wide open with various plants and animals colored onto the pages.

You stifled back a yawn as you grabbed your robe and threw it on. Looking at the calendar on your wall, you groaned at the date.

"Shopping..."

Walking out of your room, you made your way to the small living area. You lived in a very confined space, barely large enough to fit two people. But since it was only you who now stayed here, you couldn't care less about the area of the house.

Grabbing a glass of water and sipping on it, you scratched your head, feeling at your horn. You tingled when you ran over 'that' spot, making remove your hand and place the glass down.

You opened the door and felt the temperature outside. Winter had now set over Inazuma, causing most of the forest animals to begin their hibernation. You looked down at the sleeping cat on your doorstep.

Smiling, you leaned down and softly pet its head. Its eyes opened slowly, looking back at you.

"Good morning, Kitty." You said, listening to the cat purr.

You walked back inside and grabbed the milk from your small fridge, pouring it into a silver bowl. You went outside and placed it next to the cat, to which it stretched and immediately started drinking.

You closed your door and stretched. You looked out to your garden that was spread around your house.

Taking in a long breath, you could smell the scent of the crops you had grown over the months.

Your garden was your pride and joy, crafted by your own two hands. You spent a lot of time and effort indulging into farming, since you hated going out to the city to buy food or other supplies. But of course, there would be times when you needed to stock up on tools, materials, and fresh meat to prepare your meals for the month.

And it just so happened that today was your monthly 'shopping spree'.

You went back inside, closing the door behind you. You walked over to a small table in the corner, grabbing your mora pouch.

Pouring the coins out, you slowly counted away at the amount.

"...2...7...55..." You mumbled, trying to figure out your budget.

You were able to make a small living by selling a bit of your crops to the local vendor who came to your house every now and then. He was a polite fellow, and over the years, he tried his best to get to know you. However, due to your trust issues, you would never dare to let him get close to you.

"...6000." You sighed, pushing the mora back into your pouch. Now that you realized you had a fair budget to spend, you prepared to head out to the city before it got busy.

You put on your clothes, throwing on your normal hood to hide your horns. Your blue marks that were painted on your face long ago was covered up with a simple foundation you created using some plants you had grown. Once you looked 'normal' enough, you threw on your purse and grabbed your pouch, walking out the door.

"Bye-bye, Kitty." You waved, watching as the cat rolled around on the wooden porch.

You walked away from your home, grazing past the trees in the forest. They had long shedded their leaves, making the ground crunch under your steps.

Payback || Arataki Itto x ReaderOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara