CHAPTER 6

It's cliché, but as days turned into weeks,  and their friendship grew.  They hadn't reached the point of knowing each other out of school, but their current school relationship  alone was enough for Laura, it was better than no friends at all.

She thought about how lucky she was to meet Sarang on her first day as she removed her text books from her bag and put them onto her locker.

"Hey,  what class do you have right now? ", Sarang asked five lockers away from her.

"I have math", Laura answered as she shut her locker. Sarang shut her's too and jogged to Laura.

"Let's go", she suddenly began running and dragged a laughing Laura with her.

Sarang and Laura were complete opposites,  if Laura was the moon,  then Sarang was the sun. Sarang had a bright, bubbly,  and fun personality, she literally lit up any room she got into. It was sad that she seemed to not have any friends.
Laura on the other side seemed cold and indifferent, always having a serious face and glaring at everything, which made her look fierce and unapproachable.
Both loners,  but now friends.

💢💢💢💢💢💢💢💢💢💢💢💢

"Hey,  are you free this weekend?  Me and my brother are going to the Big Bang concert and have one extra ticket,  wanna come? ", Laura asked Sarang over lunch.  Sarang looked up at her and pouted.

"Can't come, I have to go to work", she stabbed a rice ball with her chopsticks as she spoke.

Laura sighed as her attempt to know the other girl had failed. She really wanted their friendship to flourish,  but with Sarang having a  job, what could she do?

She thought of going window shopping with her, but Sarang has a  job. She thought of maybe inviting her to their apartment, but that would be weird,  I mean,  the boys could be weird. Maybe she could-

"I can ask for a few days off the week after,  we can do something then", Sarang told her as she scrolled through her phone.
Laura turned to face her and a wide grin spread on her lips.

"Really ", she excitedly asked.

"Yeah.  Let's hang out on Saturday though 'cause I'll be busy on Sunday, m'kay ?"

"Sure thing ".

She was excited. This was going to be her first time hanging out with Sarang outside school and she could wait to know her more.

Another short chapter....
These are honestly just character development and filler chapters.

Can we talk about teen kpop artists being sexualized?  Like wtf goes on in people's minds.  I am honestly disgusted by this but also,  Eastern Asia in general seems to have a child fetish thingie which is very disturbing. (this doesn't represent them, I'm talking based on beauty standards and teen kpop artists being sexualized)

Explains why Soyeon would write lyrics like  "why you think 'bout nude 'cause your views so rude"  in their song Nxde.

Anyways,  please stay safe,  stay weird,  and Stan StrayKids 👊

Wrote:28_11_23

Edited : 14_01_24

Published: 17_01_24