°•° Five °•°

Questions

The rusty elevator rattled around them, surging new anxiety through Liliana as she spared the man beside her a curious glance. She watched his muscles visibly relax beneath his off-white shirt, clearly far more comfortable in the familiarity of his factory than he was amongst the world outside it.

Her brows dipped as the movement around them stopped abruptly, and the elevator doors before them slid open slowly.

"This way," the man directed with hand waved lazily in the direction to their left, leading her down a darkened long corridor while the sound of metal clanging echoed around them.

"Where are you taking me?" she asked impatiently as her forest green eyes scanned the various half finished creations scattered along either side of the corridor; left forgotten.

"You ask too many questions," he replied shortly, clearly growing tired of her curiosity and the questions she continuously threw his way.

"And you offer very little answers," she bites back with an eye roll.

However, instead of responding to her, the man instead lifts a gloved hand to the steel door in front of him while pushing it open. His boots cross the threshold, entering the small, cold room with little concern for the mortal shuffling behind him.

Meanwhile, Liliana frowned. Her eyes swirled with confusion at the room he had brought her to, wondering why on earth he needed it in the first place.

Her fingertips brushed along the few notes, and x-ray images stuck loosely to the crumbling wall to her right, studying them intently. It appeared that her current captor had a deep interest in experimenting with mechanical modification on human bodies - dead or alive. It was sick and twisted. Cruel even.

Yet Liliana found herself shamefully intrigued by the images before her wide eyes. They were impressive if she allowed herself to forget the subjects being used for his experiments.

"Sit."

His stern, authoritative voice broke her free from the troubling train of thought she found herself sinking deeper into, causing her head to turn to look at him where he stands with back facing her and finger pointed to the empty metal chair beside where she currently stood.

"Again, not a dog." She muttered with growing frustration while peeling off his coat and hanging it on the back of the chair. Then, with a glare shot his way, she lowered herself onto the rough feeling seat, awaiting further instruction.

Heisenberg felt his lips quirk up at her words, forming a mildly amused smirk that she was unable to see as he worked to gather the medical supplies he needed to run his thorough tests on her. After all, he needed to be accurate with his data to ensure he achieved the results he wanted.

"How old are you?" he queried thoughtfully while turning to her with arms folding over his broad chest, once more drawing unintentional attention to his bulging biceps as he leaned against the table behind him.

"Why do you care?"

"I don't." He says lowly, his gaze upon her sharpening. "But for research purposes, I need all your data. So, stop being a stubborn bitch and tell me your age." His tone darkened with an edge Liliana found herself drawn to, causing her will power and defiance to falter.

"Twenty seven, you arrogant prick." She huffed with her own arms folding across her chest, mimicking him with the intent to piss him off further.

However, her eyes widened and her hands snatched down towards the seat she sat upon, curling her trembling fingers around the rough metal as it carried her across the room, straight towards Heisenberg. She watched with racing heart and mind as his lips slipped into a smug smirk and his booted foot lifted, stopping the chair just short of his tall figure.