71: STORY ABANDONED - THE REST REVEALED

Hello everyone! As you may have gathered from the, ahum, very subtle chapter title this is unfortunately the end of the line of the Maya Dursley saga, and with that my writing endeavours as a whole.

Below I will offer you what I had planned out for the rest of the journey to hopefully provide you with some form of closure. As someone who always felt disappointed and a little sad when people on the internet at large just disappeared without a trace, I really don't want to put anyone through that. I couldn't really live with myself if I knew there were some readers out there waiting/hoping indefinitely for an update that would never come. So I hope that by at least giving you the full outline below, I will be able to make you (somewhat) happy for the very last time.

I know and understand that some of you will be upset, especially if you've stuck with the story -and by extension me- for so long. I therefore want to genuinely apologise for this unexpected and undoubtedly disappointing outcome, but I'm just tired. So incredibly tired. Tired of always working so hard and putting in countless hours, only to find myself way too perfectionistic to actually take any sort of pride in my work. For example, when I decided to revamp the entire series and found some typos (among other, much harder to fix things...) I had literally never spotted before, I just felt terrible. And a hobby should never make one feel the way it ultimately made me feel. Feeling as if I was never good enough.

I hope you will not only accept my sincere apologies but also my deep gratitude. I'm grateful beyond words to literally anyone who has ever decided to click on my story. A big thanks to anyone who read about Maya boarding the Hogwarts Express for the first time and maybe even all the way to her becoming a member of the Order of the Phoenix. A big thanks to anyone who joined me for even a little bit on this crazy ride, even though I know you won't read this. I will never forget all the lovely comments I was blessed enough to receive, and I've screenshotted each and every one of them for whenever I'll find myself in dire need of a smile. Thank you all so very, very much!

To me this is truly a bittersweet moment. I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end I didn't manage to finish it. However, I actually gave it a real shot, went much further than even I could've expected and after three arduous years I will finally no longer have this weight on my shoulders. I'll certainly find it hard to get used to a life without my sassy Slytherin, it really feels like losing a family member, but I am free, finally at mental peace and ready to find out wherever this crazy life leads me next.

Enjoy the outline below if you decide to read it and farewell!

________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 4: Painting the Town Red

Bill and Fleur's wedding.

"What are you wearing, Dursley?" Mrs Weasley said while she was determining whether they looked smart enough for the wedding.

"Clothes," Maya said with a deadpan expression, feeling rather fed up with the consistent negative treatment. She was wearing jeans and a regular T-shirt.

"I appreciate the cheek, but I need you to wear a dress like all the girls."

"I don't have one."

"Duh, she never gets invited to any parties."

"Ginny, you and Dursley should have the same size, take her up to your room and borrow her one of your dresses."

Well this is awkward, Maya thought.

The wedding.

"You eat for free, Dursley."

"And you eat for three, Weasley."

"Just because you're on our side now doesn't mean I have to like you, Dursley."

"Ah, nothing puts me in a good mood like good food."

"My friends say I'm getting fatter, but I've had a lot on my plate recently."

"Yeah I've been studying ancient symbols," Xenophilius Lovegood said.

"Yeah, I didn't think you were studying hairdressing," Maya said.

"You have a bright future ahead of you," Xenophilius Lovegood said.

"Well, I figured I didn't have a bright future behind me."

"It would be nice if there was a pool, though," Maya said.

"The only pool you know is a cesspool, Dursley," Fred said. "Come on, Dursley. I've bet George here ten Galleons that you'd have made a friend by now."