23. Aarnav

When I stood in front of her I saw three drops of tears on her cheeks.

My heart was hurting to see her cry the same way my heart hurted when Reena cried.

I wanted to wipe off her tears with my fingers and tear apart whatever made her cry.

But why? Why do I care?

Instead I pretended to not see the tears and sat beside her.

"No I just ate a lot today so thought of taking a walk here, any problem?" She asked.

"No." I didn't really wanna argue with her.

"Why do you keep following me?" She asked.

"I am not following you, I got better things to do in life. I always come for a walk here after my dinner; it's my daily routine."

"Sorry to disturb your routine, I was just about to leave." Her tone was sarcastic.

"You can sit here, I am not going to fine you."

She didn't reply neither did she leave from there.

After five minutes I asked her, "So.. It's the same guy? The cafe guy?"

"Hmm." She replied.

"Your ex?" I asked.

She nodded.

"You still love him?"
I asked hoping to hear 'No'.

As I asked this question she looked in my eyes for few seconds and then looked away.

"No."

"So why are you crying?"

"Because he took my ability to love, he is responsible that I can't trust anyone today. "

I don't know what to reply.

I couldn't relate to anything when it comes to love Or heartbreaks because I never loved anyone except for my family.

I remained silent until she asked me something.

"Have you ever loved someone?"

"Never."

"That's why you won't understand what heartbreak feels."

"No one can break my heart."

"That's cause you don't have one."

She laughed.

"Okay atleast you laughed."

"Whatever."

"So why did you breakup?"

"He started treating me like shit in the last few months of relationship but still I stayed with him and tried to improve the relationship but then I got to know that he was cheating on me and that's why his behaviour was changed in front of me."

"And how he is trying to play victim card, be lovey dovey and trying to manipulate you how much he loves you?"

"How do you know?"

"That's the pattern of toxic ex. Anyways I am going to sleep."

"Why did you ask if you just had to go and sleep?"

"Just thought of asking.... "

I started walking but I stopped and turned around to ask, "What was his name again?"