I Need To Kill You, If I Want To Live

CHAPTER 1

I know I'm dying...

I know it like I know my own life, like I know my own two hands.

I know it like my wavy auburn hair and my hazel-green eyes.

But I shouldn't try to fight it, my family didn't and I won't either. I'm not emo, I'm not goth, I'm not a nerd, a scrub, a phsyco, a jock or a low-self esteemed girl ( that's what bitches are.) I am just me, Hayley Price, the youngest grim reaper. I know what I am, like the rest of my family. I am The Grim Reaper and Bloody Mary's youngest daughter.

I am the last of my family of six ( to change. On my sixteenth birthday tonight- a exactly midnight- I will die and rise as a grim reaper.

I am walking down the road and it is now 11:30 pm, judging by my navy blue watch, it's half an hour I die. It sounds so funny how I can talk about my death so easily.

Suddenly, I smell blood, metallic and salty coming from a deep brush near the edge of the forest. Being curious as a cat, I tiptoed over and, knowing that they wouldn't notice, I peered over. I see a man and a boy, probably 17, in the shilouettes of the night beating the crap out of each other. I couldn't feel my legs, numb from the cold of the winter as they were, I couldn't move as I crouched there, watching.

The boy pulled out a gun, an automatic from the looks of it, and shot the man through the head, splattering brain matter everywhere and almost hitting me. The world stood still in silence, watching the boy look over the man. Time ticked by slowly, nothing moved, and finally returned to normal when the boy left and slowly limped towards me. I tried to run but my snow boots accidentally snapped the branch and he looked at me.

My heart was pounding as I tried to run. I was fast...but he was faster. He caught up to me soon and pointed the gun to my chest.

"I can't let you live," He whispered in my ear. His voice raspy and panting from trying to catch me."Not after what you saw, I can't let you go."

He pulled the trigger so fast, I didn't notice the loud BANG! from the gun. The pain hit my heart immediately and my mind began to whirl. I fell to the ground looking at the bushes where he killed that man. I could hear the boy's footsteps moving farther and farther away.

I felt myself coughing up blood and my soul slowly fading. Eventhough every movement of my body was excruciating, I slowly lifted my watch to my face. My eyes allowed me to focus on it for a second so that I could see the time. 11:59 pm.

I almost made it, I lived for 15 years and 364 days. I can't become a reaper and must die like a normal person. I felt my mind go blank as I gave in to the darkness.