Information

The year is 2380. Asherah is ruled by High King Tristan Maverick and High Queen Eleanor Maverick. They have four sons who each rule one region of the land. North, South, East and West. Each region has its own dress, own celebrations, and own culture. 

North Asherah

Northern Asherah is relatively damp, cool, and occasionally freezing. The terrain is rocky, wet, and slippery making hiking trails or even going on runs extremely difficult. The warm season is extremely brief, making the days the sun is out a day of celebration.

Their biggest celebration is called the Sundance, Festival. On that day, men and women are dressed at their best. Young lovers and old couples, even children dance under the light of the sun. The festival occurs for the three days of sunlight which is incredibly important. Each day something new is celebrated. There is a day of proposals, where the young men propose to their beloved. There is a day of betting and drinking, where gambling is common. On this night the betting is oftentimes a time for the men to show off their skills and their strength. It's a night if proving themselves to the person they love. And finally, there is the night of love, in which old feuds die and families strengthen their bonds with each other. 

The people here are typically more reserved, and tend to be on the quiet side. They are more introverted, but are wise in their ways. They come off as simple people, but hold more secrets than people know. Some find their quiet nature stuck up, but others don't even try. Not only their mannerisms, but their clothing as well is built for the cold weather in which they live. Men and women have a few clothes for the Sundance Festival, but other than that it is warm, fuzzy clothing for the most part.

Romance is taken extremely seriously here. They don't believe in flings, and believe in soulmates. When courting someone they take great pride in the gifts and the dynamics of their relationship. Romantic relationships here are often looked at with scorn from the Western region, but they don't care. Each couple has great pride in their partner, and have one end goal: to grow old together.

East Asherah