Chapter 2

Genevieve's point of view
District 8
7/4/69

Genevieve's point of viewDistrict 87/4/69

My name... my name was called. The silence grew and so did my confusion. This couldn't happen. Think... Think... you are ready. You have been for a while. Just as you have practiced. Just go! I snapped out of it and smiled. The complete opposite of how I felt. I was screaming, crying, trembling inside but I gave them my smile insted.

"Come on up my darning." I came over pretending to be overjoyed and excited. I was even skipping over to the stage, running with my skirts flowing in the winds. It was a tribute and from this point on there was only one way to end this. Winning. I came forth and next to Lumi where he was ready to receive me with a hug. "My darling girl. How exciting to have you here. Daughter of Ceralla Mignonette, victor of the 43th hunger games. What a happy moment this is following in your mothers foot footsteps. You will make her proud."

Lumi spoke as I tried my best to hold tears as I smiled to the cameras. They must know I am happy. The capital must think this is all real. I must do it. I must survive. The people looked at me somewhat upset and disappointed by my reaction but at the end of the day I had to make the capital happy not them. As much as that hurt me. "Now for the male tribute. Let's see, let's see. Here we go. Thorion Leoion."

The sea of guys opened and there he was

The sea of guys opened and there he was. A guy that had come over only once to fix some shirts for his father and that only exchanged one word with me. He was tall, almost the height of Sunny and had darker skin than me. He was upset. In contrast with me has had placed his hands on his mouth as a scratch came out of it as he cried out of pain. He was scared, probably as me, yet this was not the best choice. Father said to act happy. It makes you a harder target. If you seem upset the capital uses this against you. They always find a way.

I didn't hear what was said next but before we knew it we were taken to the city building and they started to prepare us to get to the train. "I have no family I wish to see. I want to get out of here. I want to go on the train please." The peace keepers heard my request and opted for it seeing as it made their job much easier. I am sure this was not an everyday thing. We marched over to the station and there it was the large metal cylinder I had seen before the screens.