Chapter 3

Genevieve's point of view
District 8
7/7/69

Genevieve's point of viewDistrict 87/7/69

Say it, rehearse it, believe it.... Sunny! I cried as I kept on suffocating myself with one of the silk pillows in my room. I keep on hitting the bed as hard and quietly as I could not bring attention to myself. I hate everything I had to do. How I couldn't even say bye to my own brother.

All these days there I was making myself believe it all. That I wanted to make my mother proud by winning the games. That it was always my dream. That I had blood of a loyal victor. That I wanted to serve president snow. I keep on repeating it all. I wanted to become that girl, the girl whose destiny was to win the 69th hunger games.

I had started to believe it myself and even Lumi was overjoyed with me. He hardly had to correct my pretend interviews, and truly believed I was going to be the capital's darling. But if it all went right, if I made it through and came out victorious. I was not ready for it all. I was not ready to live my life as a Slave.

After the morning arrived, so did we. Through the window of the dining room we could start to see the magnificent mountains. There it was with all its glory the capital was waiting for us. I no longer dressed in a green dress no.. it had ripped apart the day after I had arrived on the train, now in its place was a simple white dress that was just the right length and layed over my shoulders with thin straps.

My hair was loose and less tangled than usual

My hair was loose and less tangled than usual. Well actually everything was as it was. Otherwise than a new dress and shower. I was still the same, all of what they were going to put on me wouldn't change what I was.

I sat down on the table we had breakfast gathering at for the last 2 mornings and looked out to where the crowds cheered. This was it, we had arrived. Thorian was shocked to see all the rainbow assorted people clapping and cheering for us, while I just let it all settle in. It was now or never.