Finding

I was sitting in Miss Campbell office, she let me watch Frozen 2! Mommy and daddy always watched it with me, but they aren't here right now. Mrs Campbell picked me up and took ne to her office. Mommy and daddy looked pretty sad.

"Ok little one, it looks like your brother is coming to pick you up!" I didn't answer. I picked at my palms instead. That's one thing I did, daddy told me it was bad for me and not to do it. Mommy always told him I was just str- stessed? I don't know how to say it!

When I was st-str-stres I didn't want to talk and I always felt like crying. But mommy told me to be strong and daddy told me I needed to be brave for them. So I was trying to be big and strong and brave for mommy and daddy.

They weren't here though..

Wait a minute! She said bothers? Wait no! Bruver? Wait was there an S? Brovers? B-br-brother-s. I don't have any of those! She's silly.

"Maize? Are you feeling quiet today?" She waited and looked at me waiting for me to say something. I just shook my head.

"It's okay honey. why don't you try and go to sleep. Mrs and Mr DeLuca packed your things, let's see if there's a blanket or something"

She dug through my belle backpack and pulled out my princess belle blankie. I hopped off the couch and found my stuffie. His name was Crush! Like from finding Nemo! Except it's Mr crush to everyone else.

"Here you go. Watch your movie and get some sleep. You must be tired huh? Your brothers should be here in about an hour"

Mrs Campbell wrapped me up in my blankie and set me back on her couch. I laid down and kept watching my movie on her tv. I wasn't too tired!

Halfway through the movie Mrs Campbell paused it and crouched down to my level.

"Not sleepy?" I shook my head no.

"Hm, okay. Well your brother is here. So hop on up and I'll go get him"

I nodded and sat up. She walked out of the room and I picked at my palms while holding Crush in my lap. The blanket still wrapped around my body.

I heard some foot steps and Mrs Campbells heels. I got a little bit nervous waiting, I heard the voices talking about, I think me. I looked at my palms which were bleeding a little bit. My shoes and clothes were still the same from when I said bye bye to mommy and daddy this morning.

"Just a warning-" I just heard bits and pieces of their conversation "not necessarily mute- she just doesn't like to talk."

I had on my- mommy said they were doctor Martins! I don't know who that is but I liked their shoes! With my darker green button up shirt and white jean shorts.

Mrs Campbell walked in and a giant walked in behind her! He was super duper tall! He had dark green eyes and he was tan. A little bit tanner than me! He was wearing a suit! I know that cause daddy wears them! And he told me it was a suit!

"Hello munchkin, I'm your oldest brother Giovanni" The giants name is Giovanni? I like Gio instead! It's a Nicky name! But I'm not a munchin! I smiled a little bit. He crouched down in front of me and smiled back.

"You have some other brothers that really want to meet you ok? They are really excited to meet their baby sister" I nodded. I have other brothers!! Gio is my favorite already.

"Okay munchkin let's go home, Is that a turtle?" He picked me up and made sure Mr Crush was still in my arms. I held onto Mr Crush with one arm around him while my other one is hugging Gio.

I nodded, Gio knows what a turtle is, He is so cool! I wonder if my other brothers know? I bet they don't. Gio turned around so both of us were looking at Mrs Campbell.

"Can you say bye to Mrs Campbell?" Gio asked looking at me. I gave her a smile and waved. Gio caught a glimpse of my palms, oh no. I quickly put my hands around crush and held onto him.

Gio said bye and grabbed my backpack. Gio walked out of her office and he looked down at me.

"What's that on your hands?" He asked and picked up one of my hands. I tried tugging away but he was already scanning them down with his eyes.

"Maize, what happened to your hands? Does it hurt?" I shook my head trying to avoid talking.

I think he got the point and didn't question it anymore. I leaned my head to the side onto his shoulder and yawned.

"Munchkin we're almost to the car then we'll go home okay? Just a few more minutes. What's your turtles name?" He asked.

"m-Mr. C-cr-crush" I stuttered, he seemed surprised that I talked.

"That's an awesome name. Finding Nemo?" He questioned

"Mhm" I mumbled