Failed.

Xander's POV:
I woke up to a horrible sound. Someone crying. Now I am not the best brother ever but I knew instantly who it was. Also, it was the only sibling who'd cry. Maize.

I hopped up and out of bed and grabbed my phone. It was almost 6 AM. Nobody in this house wakes up earlier that 10.

It's not the best but I mean it's a family of guys. What do you expect? I mean we all kind of do our own thing.

I guess that'll all change now. Having another sibling is weird. Especially when it's a 4 year old. The other day I was to my room and I came across maize laying in Gio's room. The door was wide open. She didn't see me but she looked upset.

I wish I could've gone in and cheered her up but I'm not that kind of guy. I'm the guy that pisses people off for fun. Not the kind of guy who makes a little toddler feel better.

So I continued on and went to my room. I haven't talked to her much but when I did she was the sweetest.

I turn my focus back to reality when I heard the crying getting louder. I opened my door and walked down the hall until I found maize's door cracked open. I thought she had slept with one of my brothers but I guess not. Or she left their room in the middle of the night.

She was sitting at her little princess table with a coloring book and markers. I slowly opened her door, she looked back to me with a tear stained face.

"Maze? What's wrong?"

"I-I can't draw any-more" then her tears started flowing again. Shit.

I walked over to her and crouched down eye level to her staring at the coloring book. Her right hand had the cast on it. And she apparently was right handed.

"Try your left hand" I suggested

"Al-ready did-d" she stuttered

"You want me to help you?" She nodded and looked over at me.

I took her left hand and picked up a marker with it. Then I helped her color a spot of the dog coloring page.

"Lo-ok! I did it Xander!" She dropped the marker once I let her hand go. She then wrapped her left arm around my neck.

"I know! Good job. Why are you up so early?" When I was four I slept in for as long as possible until one of my siblings started screaming at me.

"N-ot sleepy." She shrugged.

"Wanna watch some cartoons?" She nodded super-fast. I picked her up and took her into my room.

I turned my tv on and set her on my bed. I put it on Bubble guppies. I remember watching it when I was younger.

I got into bed and sat on one side as she laid on the other side of the bed. I tucked her in underneath a blanket.

After a few minutes I heard a commotion in the hallway. A bunch of doors kept opening and closing I could hear whoever it was opening them getting closer.

"Have you seen-" I notice as Luca comes barging into my room.

"Knock next time. Or I will give you a broken bone and a black eye. She's sleeping so get out before you wake her" I hissed keeping my voice at a whisper. Luca looked at where she was hidden under my sheets with her face peeking out from the blankets.

She had repositioned herself to where she was laying with her head face up on my chest. Almost everything was underneath the bedding except for her face. Leaving just enough room to breathe.

"Look at you finally being a good brother." all of the sudden Atlas decided to come in my room to.

"I'm not throwing a f*cking party. Why are both of you in here? I swear if either of you wake her up-"

"Gio is off at work and so is Nic. So that leaves me in charge. Also, Gio wants me to make sure everyone's homework is done. You won't be failing anymore classes this year." He gave me a pointed look.

"I failed it because the teacher was an A**! It's not my fault she failed me because we had an argument" It happened one time and it was a big deal. She failed me so I will take it again.

Problem solved. Sadly, my siblings will never be able to let that go.

"You beat him up because he gave you homework. Then you proceeded to cuss him out." Luca said sitting down on the end of my bed.

"Get out. And it wasn't even that big of a deal. He over reacted. And homework is stupid. I have things going on." Luca rolled his eyes walking out and leaving the door wide open behind him.

"Unfortunately for you, Gio told me to make sure ALL of you homework is done so either get working or suffer the wrath of Gio." Atlas crossed his arms. While I felt a little body squirming under the covers.

"I could use some entertainment actually." I smirked. Fighting with Gio was the most entertainment I could possibly get around here. It got us absolutely nowhere but it made life interesting.

"Gio has enough on his plate Xander." Atlas came over to the bed looking down towards Maize's face.

"Well, if he is that worried about it he can figure it out." Just as I finished saying that her eyes popped open. "Morning bug."

Rubbing her eyes, she sat up wrapped in the covers. She sat there for a minute taking in her surroundings before Atlas picked her up.

"G'morning"

"Okay bug. Let's go get you some breakfast." He turned around with her in his arms and walked out the door. He stopped in the doorway twisting around and looking at me.

"Xander, Homework. Now." He said in a parental tone. I just groaned and sunk back into my bed falling asleep.

----------

Sorry for taking forever to update this book!! I have been super busy between work and school. (Aka going to fail my science)

So, thank you all for being patient and being supportive! I got stuck and wasn't sure what else to write. I wrote the start of this chapter a few weeks ago and just completely forgot to finish.

I wasn't sure if anyone was reading my book, so I wasn't really paying any attention to it. I am going to try and keep up with the updates now though.

Anyways, thank you for all of your support!