Chapter 6: Angel of Death

Henzan Empire, Imperial Palace of Hezenkiah, Agusta 9, 825, Afternoon

In the stifling atmosphere of the War Room within the Imperial Palace of Hezenkiah, the weight of uncertainty pressed down upon Emperor Hesento III and his officials

In the stifling atmosphere of the War Room within the Imperial Palace of Hezenkiah, the weight of uncertainty pressed down upon Emperor Hesento III and his officials. The afternoon sunlight filtered through heavy curtains, casting shadows that mirrored the growing unease within the room.

Emperor Hesento III, a visage of regal authority now marred by visible distress, wiped sweat from his brow as the anxiety permeated the space. Six scout ships, sent to find out the 800 warships, lingered ominously absent, their silence intensifying the air of apprehension. The Emperor's gaze fixated on the window, an unspoken hope for the arrival of the scouts that never came.

"W- where are they? Why have they not returned?" The Emperor's quiet voice quivered with a mix of frustration and concern. The absence of the scouts fueled a growing dread, a fear that the 800 warships, along with the six scout ships might have met an unforeseen fate on their journey to the coast of Revenla.

His eyes shifted from the window to the maps and charts sprawled across the war room's table, a futile attempt to glean information from the strategic depictions. A horrified realization crossed his face. "No... What if... What if the 800 warships... Are annihilated?" The very thought sent shivers through the room, casting a pall of uncertainty over the once-confident war room.

Yet, amidst the creeping fear, the Emperor rallied his resolve. "No no, it can't be. They have superior numbers, and those ships are armed with state-of-the-art magic cannons!" He whispered to himself, attempting to dispel the specter of dread that loomed over the Imperial Palace. The war room, a crucible of strategy and anxiety, awaited news that would either quell or confirm the growing fears surrounding the fate of the Henzan armada.

Emperor Hesento III, his face etched with uncertainty, turned back to his officials in the tense atmosphere of the War Room. "Anything?" he inquired, his voice betraying a mix of hope and apprehension. The officials exchanged glances, their expressions mirroring the weight of the situation.

"Nothing, sire," one official replied, a somber acknowledgment of the void left by the absent scout ships. "We already sent six scouts, yet they haven't come back. We are in the process of sending spies towards Revenla's ports to see if our armada is already there."

The room hung in a pregnant silence, the maps and charts serving as silent witnesses to the unfolding uncertainty. The fate of the 800 warships, and the empire's grand naval venture, remained shrouded in the shadows of the unknown. As the Emperor grappled with the absence of information, the war room became a crucible of anticipation, awaiting the arrival of news that would either dispel or deepen the prevailing concerns.

Meanwhile

On the bustling paved streets of Hezenkiah, the capital of the Henzan Empire, the diverse tapestry of beastmen citizens painted a vivid scene of daily life. Amidst the clamor, conversations echoed through the air as horses pulled carriages laden with both beastmen and cargo.