(48)

Jisung let out a silent gasp and realised he'd been holding his breath.
Too much was happening, and too much had been found out. And what he had seen on the screen had only confirmed his suspicions about Straykidz.

Slowly the pieces in his brain had connected.
Straykidz's unusual protection for him, Minho's anger towards them, and Minho...

He unconsciously felt for his mask and slipped it on, right before they turned a corner and a dark building loomed in the distance.
The trees on either side of the road blocked out light as the car crawled forward on the worn path. This didn't help the eery feeling as the boys heard faint gunshots.

Suddenly Eric swore and the car erratically skidded to a sharp halt as something jumped in front of the car and stumbled on the road.

"No way.." Jisung murmured and Eric glanced at him, sharing a look of disbelief.

The mysterious woman came to the window and Jisung did it down in shock. M
Rose's Mother searched his face and finally she shook her head.

"You can't go ahead." Her eyes filled with tears. "It's suicide."

Jisung's eyes widened. "Is Rose safe?? Who are you..."

Eric turned around. "She works for Straykidz you fool. Didn't you work it out yet?"

Jisung ignored him. "Is Rose safe? What's going on." He repeated.

The woman grasped the side of the car. "She's safe, but you can't go there. Straykidz address got leaked and they were attacked this morning." Her eyes filled up and Jisung looked down.

"I don't know if Mr Yang and the CEO escaped." She continued. "The whole area was surrounded this morning, it's...suicide."

Hearing the names only further confirmed Jisung's suspicions. But a chilling thought passed his mind and he shook it away.
What if Jeongin got killed?

Rose's mother looked exhausted and Jisung turned to look at the confused Hyunjin and Chanbin in the back. "Take her with you. If I don't text you within half and hour, find a way to come in." He decided.

He jumped out the car after stuffing his clothes with weapons and made the woman take his seat.
Eric started to protest but Jisung had already started to leave. He turned back with a smile. "I'll be back." He promised before disappearing into the thick woods that surrounded the area.

The woman turned around. "He'll be fine but..."
Eric saw her looking at the people in the back. "They're here to help." He said in a tight voice. "But that idiot is gonna get himself killed."

Changbin gave him some guns and ammo as he motioned for them. Hyunjin looked on bitterly. "He's J.one. He won't die that easily."

The woman frowned in the mirror. "Who knows." But Eric roughly opened his door. "You're his friend so act like it. What he does for a job shouldn't change that fact, especially considering that you practically do the same thing."

He nodded to Changbin and followed Jisung's hidden route into the trees.

Changbin didn't say anything as he took the wheel in front. "We'll just wait for Jisung's text." He said after a moment.
Hyunjin didn't reply but the woman beside him added darkly. "Only if he doesn't get shot, let alone his phone getting broken."