Elephant and Goldfish.

So thats what Morgan did. The next morning after she got around for the day, she hopped on her bike and wheeled her way into town. Every place she rode by, if they had a Hiring sign on the door or window, she went in and applied. By the end of the day she felt like she must have applied to about fifteen different places, ranging from convenience stores to shoddy diners. If they were hiring, she applied. Besides, its not like she didn't know how to take care of herself.

She parked her bike next to the library and walked in. If she remembered right, Lina would be in there working right now, and she could ask her friend if any new jewelry making books had come in. Thats something Morgan was interested in. Different ways to make jewelry. She loved that it wpas something she could do from home, creating pieces with her own unique flair; and desperately hoping if she did that others would like them enough to buy them up. Commissioned pieces would be worth their weight in gold too. She saw jewelers charging big bucks for custom pieces; granted most of that money was being eaten up in supplies, but they were still making a big fat living. Bonus, not having to get out and deal with people, ew.

Walking in, Morgan headed to the information desk where she noticed Lina was sitting, scanning books into the Librarys system. "Yo, Lina." Morgan slammed her hands down on the desk in front of her friend.

The girls head popped up like the building was on fire, her eyes going from wide and alarmed to irritated in a matter of moments. "Mo this is a library, be quiet," she admonished with a hiss. "But anywho, how's your day been?"

"Exhausting. I've been doing applications all day. Pretty hopeful about a few of them though.I just came by to see if you had any new jewelry books come through; even metal working could work, I'm sure I could use some of those techniques; metal hammering and stuff could make some cute cuffs."'

"Hmm you haven't really ever looked at the metal working books so you would have plenty of new material there. The only other one we really have on jewelry making is like the wire-work stuff. And, while I know you're branching out, I remember you saying you werent overly fond of working with wire." Lena had pulled up the lists of both jewelry making and metal working books that the library had on their computer.

"Yeah, still not interested in wire. Metal stuff same area as jewelry?" Morgan noticed more people coming into the library, and didn't want to keep Lina from her job. At Lina's nod, Morgan turned and began tracing her often-walked steps to the How-To area that the Library had.

She walked slowly, browsing at book spines periodically to see if any of them were what she was looking for. There was one other person in the aisle, and of course the tall, intimidating man was standing right where her books were. Morgan stood there quietly for a second, trying to figure out what to say to get him to move out of her way when he looked over at her.

His dragon shaped eyes pierced hers, a deep intense brown, almost black in color. His lips curved up at the corner in a smirk, a small dimple appearing on his cheek. "I'm so sorry, am I in your way?" He steps back to make room for her and somehow stumbles over air. His arms flailing in the air trying to find something to grab on to so he doesnt topple over, latching on to one of the book shelves that were, thankfully, bolted in to the wall. Morgans eyes were wide open, jaw dropped and her arms were raised in a gesture to keep the man from falling over before he regained his balance. He looked back up at her, face slowly gaining a crimson color.

"Are you ok?"

"Ahh," his hand going to scratch at the back of his neck in a nervous gesture, "can we just forget that ever happened? I mean it happens alot, but can we pretend it didnt?"

"Didn't see a thing. But don't worry, my friend calls me the 'destruction goddess' because I'm always walking into doorways, tripping over my feet. And oh god let's not even talk about the time I had to get stitches in my finger from the tank lid of the toilet." She shakes her head at the memory. Seriously, all she had been trying to do was flush the toilet, and her finger found the only chip in the lid of the tank and managed to gash open her finger.