Chapter 4

We talked for a while, Sohyong and I (As Sonya the mayor). I got more informations on what he does and what the kingdom is doing lately. Of course, i knew that i should take some distance from him, but my bubbly and social butterfly personality took over me. i felt so close to him, like old friends reuniting and catching up on all those lost years. it felt good to have someone to talk to with when you know that it won't happen often when you start to be more and more different from others. We played archery, made challenges for each other, pulling up pranks on the maid and much more. He felt like an actual kid, even if he was 5 years older than me. He was the most childish yet funniest guy I meet. He was cute, smart, funny, rude  sometimes, teasing and had a very big and imaginatif mind. I stayed there for 2 more days and today was the final day, the day of the coronation. I was able to convince him in becoming the king (in a good way) but I think he was trying to plan on something. And this was a very bad feeling. I tried to have more information on if he was planning something, but i got none. He was normal, like he wasn't that kind of guy who would be so secretive that we wouldn't see or understande that he is actually doing something, he just seems normal. However... One time when i was searching for him, 3 hours before the start of the coronation...

I wore the beautiful dress I stole from the mayor's house, a very elegant ball dress, looking cute. i went to the palace and started searching for the prince 3 hours before the coronation like they told me to do, and wanting to keep the mayor's identity, I accepted (Also you might be thinking what happened to the mayor but i just made her disappear for a while with my powers, crazy me i guess). i went to his room, expecting to see thousands of maids, but there was no one. I entered the room and he wasn't there. i called him:

-Sohyong? Are you there?

No answer. i stand there for a while and call him again:

-Sohyong, come on, the coronation is in 3 hours, are you ready? where are you? 

I searched for him in his giant room. He wasn't there. i looked around his giant room when i suddenly spotted a small cupboard. It was very low and it looked very... weird, i should say. To say things, i don't like the feeling it's giving, it seems really like a secret. I calmed my delusional mind and made myself invisible with my powers in case someone sees me in here. I then opened the cupboard and, to my very big shock, see an entrance. it's like a secret passage, even so, a very well hidden one. I notice the smell. It seems so familiar, and it makes me realise that this was Sohyong's scent/perfume. I take a deep breath and enter the passage, closing the cupboard. It's dark, with only a small and dim light coming out at the end. I could hear someone whispering at the end of the passage. Everything seems so mysterious, so secretive, as if in here was laying not even the quarter of the truth I was meant to find. I sneakily went towards the end of the passage. The whispering became more audible, as I start to understand some words. I get closer and hear the words : "death"... "life"..."secret"..."torture"... "king"... "power"... From a voice that always made me think twice. It was Sohyong, the one that my mind always said to avoid, he is here, whispering creepy stuff, as if he was enchanting something...

I enter the humongous room at the end of the path and see Sohyong in the middle of the room with a black book, hearing everything very audibly as he says in a dark, cold and quiet voice that i almost felt like shivering in terror:

"An alter like mine should be more lamentable, more potent and more perilous than it already is... The dead doesn't affright me as being death itself... The life of others doesn't count for me, not even my father's... that girl... Sonya... That imbecilic mayor... She almost unwrapped my secret... i would've love to torture her... I'll kil her very, very slowly.... A slow and painful death... And why not become King? After all i'll get more power and soon, I'll make EVERYONE fear me... EVERYONE WILL COMPLY ME AND ONLY ME...And Sonya will pay for her demeanour, endeavouring to convince me to become king when I ALWAYS thought of KILLING EVERYONE! EVERYONE SHOULD DIE! and if i can't kill everyone, i shall be reborn as the most scariest and the most perilous alter holder, I'll designate myself...

Methusla..."

I started to tremble like a leaf when i heard everything... He continued to say those words over and over again, like he wanted all this to absolutely happen. I notice that as he says them, the room slowly becomes darker and darker, all the way to pitch black. The only thing i could see was darkness and the only thing i could hear was Sohyong's voice. After a moment of silence, I hear the sound of a book being closed and footsteps. They get quieter and quieter, until i hear a small sound of a cupboard being open. Using my teleportation power and stoping my invisibility, I teleport to his door, outside the room. I start to catch my breath and try to be calm. After some minutes I knock on the door and say in a calm voice:

-Sohyong? Are you ready? The coronation starts in an hour!

I heard him saying "Coming!" in his usual voice and moments later he opened the door and smiled:

-Hey! yeah i'm ready and- Wow... He says as he looks at my dress. You look... Gorgeous! 

I gave him a small smile and thank him.

-Well, i guess we should be going now, he tells me.

I nod. Sometime later, I went to the king and told him that everyone was ready. Soon the coronation started. i kept an eye on Sohyong the whole time, knowing that something bad could happen. Every time he tries to go away, i get him a drink or something to eat and praise him, trying to make him stay. He really looked disturbed, but I won't give up. After a while, when he actually got tired and sat down to eat, I sat somewhere beside him and thought. I never really thought about my family in this time and I don't even know what they're doing, if there's a problem or if one of them is sick or if they're in danger, it's almost like I don't care when they are the most important people in my life... I get sad and disappointed in me at that thought, because that's usually the case. I almost never think about my family and it hurts to know this truth. Sohyong notice my sad face and asks me if i'm ok. What a good actor... i lie and say nothing is wrong, with a fake yet truly convincing smile. it's been hours and now was the time to name Sohyong king. 

-King Injo of Joseon and prince Sohyong of Joseon, i say as the role of the mayor.

I go back to my seat, scared of what can happen. I'm stressing so much right now, trying hard not to show my worried face. The coronation started fine, but i noticed how Sohyong's mark was getting darker, understanding that his treats are becoming real. Not knowing how to act i stay silent despite knowing how so many lifes are treated. That's how i am... Staying silent when i know something wrong and bad is going to happen, see how bad i am? I was deep in my thoughts, lost in my own depressing world like nothing exists. 

End of chapter 4....