A Companion comes

April's pov

A week has passed since i joined the rangers, i got my inhibitors upgraded, and now, hopefully they shouldn't break through simple mistakes, but Elaris is making spares i can carry in case one does break.
Brax had been guiding me on how to use my telepathy, in bits and pieces, to be able to learn secrets others wouldn't, and be more aware of danger.
Cora has been training me in how to fight, whether up close and personal, or far off with an array of weaponry, Quark really was only there to give me my protosuit armor.
Right now, i was already getting much stronger then i was was when i left Veldin. I practice my flying often when i'm alone, floating over junkyards for parts for Elaris, when i notice a glint of Rareitanium metals.
I float down, landing with a grunt. I pull some scrap aside, revealing a small, defected warbot, there wasn't any damage, but the joints have rust on them. I bet i could fix them up.
I put them onto the magnet on my back, placed there for these trips. I pick up a few parts and i fly back to the Hall of Heros, landing stealthily in some bushes before heading inside and putting the inhibitors on, Quarks mind plummeting from nearly shouting to nothing.
I step into Elaris's area and i place the parts on her desk. I then head to my room and i pull off the warbot. I put them on my desk as i turn on my lamp and grab my omnitool.
Searching through the tools i summon a tiny screwdriver, getting to work, i carefully unscrew the rusted joints and pull out the right sizes using my telekinesis, and rescrew them in with my proper hands.
Sisterboard is intact, but powersource is busted. Damnit, i pull it out, setting the busted powersource and fuse down, probably it got overloaded by something. What? I dunno, the damage is too old to tell.
I go to Elaris's area, as she tinkers with a rusted part i got.
"Hey April, something up?"
"Yeah, i found something big in the Junk today, but it's powersource and fuses were completely blown. Think you got anything in this size?" I use screws to indicate the sizes i need and set them down, Elaris looks around for a moment, then pushes over using her office chair, and grabs a box, pulling it close as she slides back over, looking through the box and pulling out something simple looking," this should fit, but it'd need something a bit stronger then normal electricity to charge."
I take it," i think i have a few ideas. Thanks Elaris!" I yell as i run out.

I dash into my area and i pull out a crystal of Rareitanium, placing it into the powercell, and i see it flutter to life, i carefully place the devices inside and hooking it up, the robot in my hands opens it's eyes slowly, looking around, and saying in a femine voice," Where am i?"
"Your in the hall of heros, can you move?"
The little robot slowly moves it's joints,"my joints and powercore appear to be fully repaired" i nod," i couldn't fix up the old stuff, so i got you new ones. Try standing up."
The small robot does so, asking," do you have a name, or even a species type? My database doesn't tell me what you are."
"I'm a Lombax, i go by the name April, i'm gonna guess you don't have a name?"
"No, i don't, you have any ideas?"
" hmmm, what about Rustella? Your still kinda rusty, but it shouldn't affect your functions."
"I like it, new designation is Rustella."
I smile, and i sigh, yawning i look at the time.
"Sheesh, middle of the night, no wonder i'm tired." I walk over to my bunk and i lay down, and slip off to sleep.

(So yes, this chapter is short, i was short on ideas, now i've got a full timeline thought out. So long as motivation stands, chapters should resume soon)